Facebook rage..AIBU?

(168 Posts)
Tittypulumpcious Fri 23-Aug-13 20:43:09

I have pms..I realise this because I have bitched and moaned for at least 5 days..anyway I am pretty sure once I am back to being a rational human being I will still loathe these things.

Facebook status involving posters partner.

The mr, my man, hubby,

Had a lovely day with my man.

Snuggled up with the mr.

Waiting for hubby to get home..

Ffs most of us that have Facebook accounts are friends with you we know your husband/boyfriends name why can't posters just use it?

Had a lovely day with Derek..there isn't difficult is it.

And those who put xxx on the end.

Waiting for film to start with my man xxx - feeling blessed. envy

Fuck off!!!!

I've hidden everyone so I can simply keep in touch with those I don't live near and have a good nose view their photos.

I cannot be the only one to find this irritating?

Whereisegg Fri 23-Aug-13 21:28:07

I post what I like too.

Luckily for my friends, I am sexy, dangerous, and hilarious.

80sMum Fri 23-Aug-13 21:28:36

YANBU! I find all the references to "hun" and "lol" "feelin" "lovin it" etc very irritating in particular. Why do ordinary middle-aged people who should know better suddenly appear to be trying to speak like American teenagers?!!

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Fri 23-Aug-13 21:30:29

What about the people who reckon themselves a bit literary and type supposedly "inspiring" shite like "Just sitting in my ickle garden enjoying a delicious hot choccy with the stars twinkling in the sky....love my life"

[bleurgh] in reality they're sitting by the telly watching An Idiot Abroad or something.

theoriginalandbestrookie Fri 23-Aug-13 21:30:32

Oh my personal hate is a lady a befriended who ran a self development course I made the mistake of going on. I should just de-friend her but she is too funny.
She sends fb messages trying to flog her retreats and courses and calls everyone "peeps" arggghh, makes me v stabby.

Tittypulumpcious Fri 23-Aug-13 21:33:18

Would just like to say happy anniversary to my gorgeous hubby..feels like yesterday we shared our magic moment. You complete my life and I am happier than I have been I love you so much xxxxx - feeling loved.

Dear friend consider yourself deleted.

Nora2012 Fri 23-Aug-13 21:36:05

I have friend who's constantly boasting about her child's latest achievement or what hilarity she's just created. The post always starts "princess (name) has just..." No she hasn't, I've never seen her do anything other than rub chocolate on my sofa or take her shitty nappy off and roll around on my carpet. She's no genius that's for sure!

Nottalotta Fri 23-Aug-13 21:37:35

Confession.....i was a bit behind on the whole 'checking in' thing. Had an early night, and found that i could 'check in' to my bed. Did so. Post read ' nottalotta checked into her bed. 3000 others were here'

LOL!!! ....Feeling slutty.

usualsuspect Fri 23-Aug-13 21:40:48

I expect all your status updates are oh so witty and intelligent.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Fri 23-Aug-13 21:41:14

Nora my "friend" posts about her son's modelling assignments. "here we are in big old London Town AGAIN! Little Arsehole has another job for M&S! Look at him in his tiny deerstalker...isn't he CUTE!"

Like we HAVE to say "Yes, yes he is!" even though he's just your average toddler.

usualsuspect Fri 23-Aug-13 21:41:53

Some bitter people on this thread.

wel jel are you?

tinypumpkin Fri 23-Aug-13 21:43:37

Loving that Nottalotta! Made me smile.

Also hate the hubby love posts, Ugh.

CharlotteParks Fri 23-Aug-13 21:44:31

I do fairly regular FB friend culls for this very reason. I never do status updates, only upload photos every so often after holidays or Christmas for family abroad to see. By never putting on status updates people assume you are never on and leave you alone, its great.

Anyone, family included, that posts all-too-frequent and boring updates get hidden or deleted - be ruthless OP!

CharlotteParks Fri 23-Aug-13 21:46:45

After my last cull I am down to 46 friends, which still too many imo!

everlong Fri 23-Aug-13 21:49:44

I've only got a couple of them that do that ' my bubs, my hubs, love my lil family ' thing. thank christ

She's really quite sweet but the biggest hun in the world. Its a different world.

Lilacroses Fri 23-Aug-13 21:57:30

Hilarious! Op, why is it that the name "Derek" is so comical in itself?

BerryLellow Fri 23-Aug-13 21:59:57

I have a few friends that border on the ick factor. One of them puts things on hers almost exactly as have been described BUT she has had a hard run of luck in her time and if she's happy and wants to share I don't begrudge her that.

If it all gets too much there's always the option to uncheck the 'show in news feed'.

I'm more bothered by the I'm Supermum type posts listing all the enriching activities they have done this holidays. But that's cause I'm a lazy cahhhhh grin

hardbeingme Fri 23-Aug-13 22:14:41

irrational anger at the 'like' if you hate cancer, sick children, paedos, love your mum, puppies etc fucking etc how is me liking a picture going to cure cancer????? no i don't play candy crush, no i don't watch shit music contests or big brother
learn to spell, if not well then better - its like its in bloody code. i don't 'get' text speak.
unless you actually are laughing out loud don't say you are.
fine you're blessed, awesome, but every day??? hows about i just assume you're blessed and you say nothing unless something changes
your husband/wife/partner has a name. i don't know anyone who says hubby in real life, why write it?!

teeny bit ranty this evening...

PGRated Fri 23-Aug-13 22:19:47

Hubs, Bubs and My Boo = Head fuck. Absolutely hate them..... I like to have long breaks from facebook to regain my sanity!

MrsMarigold Fri 23-Aug-13 22:26:21

I find the people who respond to posts like: "Another really crap day at the with clients!" and say things like "poor you, you deserve better because you are such a star" make me more irritated than those that post these inane things in the first place!

In our house we call them "the glee club"!

pianodoodle Fri 23-Aug-13 22:34:01

Why have FB and then spend all the time moaning about it

I thought that's what it was for grin

juneybean Fri 23-Aug-13 22:35:04

Actually it's the "feeling bless" bit and other such shite people have started adding to their statuses that make me hmm

juneybean Fri 23-Aug-13 22:35:12

*blessed bah

MikeOxard Fri 23-Aug-13 22:48:06

Pmsl at 'feeling blessed to be in the bread aisle xx' lol. I'm feeling blessed that mumsnet is amusing the shit out of me as usual. Might fb and tell all my friends...

Wallison Fri 23-Aug-13 22:57:43

Actually, the main offender for this type of thing on my fb seems to be having a bit of marital trouble, which makes me feel sad for her. After endless posts upon posts about how her hubby makes her feel and how she has the best hubby in the world, she's now sharing acerbic but generic updates (you know the kind of thing - pictures of Victorian ladies and a pithy non-Victorian quote) about home-wreckers; it's like she can't stop herself. It's actually really quite horrible to witness - I don't know her all that well now although we were at school together, and I feel like I'm snooping by reading this stuff. I also, because I don't know her all that well now, wonder if the done thing to do is to send her a little message saying "Looks like you're having a hard time; hope things work out for you" or something. But would that be intrusive, or is it ok given that she's playing a lot of this out online?

CoffeeandScones Fri 23-Aug-13 23:02:34

YANBU. I block from my timeline approx 1/3 of my 'friends', for this sort of thing. Though generally they're family in law, people you 'friended' and have decided you don't really like but don't want to offend them by defriending. It's so unnecessarily complex...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now