Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

uninvited to wedding

(83 Posts)
treesntrees Thu 22-Aug-13 18:32:14

am I being unreasonable to be upset that son and daughter in law have been un-invited to cousin's wedding because they were late RSPBing due to difficulties in arranging child care for child free wedding?

SuffolkNWhat Thu 22-Aug-13 19:14:26

Won't someone sparrow a thought for the poor bride & groom trying to sort out numbers?

mynameisslimshady Thu 22-Aug-13 19:16:14

You are all being tits now swanning in here with your bird jokes.

katatonic Thu 22-Aug-13 19:16:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pobblewhohasnotoes Thu 22-Aug-13 19:18:46

Are they still going to buy them a pheasant?

YABU. Someone I invited to my wedding contacted me 6 weeks after the RSVP by date to ask if she could still come (still didn't send the card back and I included an SAE). I told her she was welcome to join us for the evening but unfortunately her place for the day had been given to someone else and she deleted me off her FB friends and hasn't replied!

Is the reception at 'The Swan'

<I'll get me coat, ok I'm going>

MardyBra Thu 22-Aug-13 19:26:42

Owling with laughter at the Rspb replies.

We need more info OP. if they were a week late and the wedding is next year, then it's unreasonable.

If they're several weeks late and the wedding is imminent it's reasonable, even if some feathers are going to be ruffled. [ wink]

Methe Thu 22-Aug-13 19:31:04

What absolute tits!

AnneUulmelmahay Thu 22-Aug-13 19:35:19

Oh this is owlful. Poor lovebirds.

Ducky, try not to dabble in your chick's problems. They were really ruddy ducking rude in not replying.

OP, keep your beak out of this!

TramadolDaze Thu 22-Aug-13 19:37:38

What are you all squawking about here?

grin

RenterNomad Thu 22-Aug-13 19:43:04

Blown away
Is the
Date

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 22-Aug-13 19:44:28

As well as posting on Mumsnet, why don't you try tweeting this problem as well?

<helpful>

grin

RenterNomad Thu 22-Aug-13 19:44:38

Besides, Bride & Groom have had enough on their chick-list!

Mia4 Thu 22-Aug-13 19:45:58

YABU, unless the RSVP is a very long time before the wedding or they'd called up to explain already and the couple ignored their explanation. The couple need to tell the venue how much food to prepare so they need to know numbers. Also they may have very eager friends who'd jump at the chance to RSVP so why shouldn't the invite go to someone who cares enough to RSVP or explain?

Also if your son couldn't be arsed to call up and explain then he can't really be arsed all that much about attending. He wasn't univited, he didn't bother responding or letting them know. Honestly, it's not anything to do with you- do you often fight your son's battles? Does he expect you to step in when he can't be bothered?

primroseyellow Thu 22-Aug-13 19:47:41

Why do some people assume they do not need to reply to an invite with RSVP? Still waiting to hear from one of my invitees(?) for an event last weekend (and still narked she never thanked us for wedding present...),,conclusion: she is entitled madam who thinks these things beneath her.....

Where is OP, has she flown the nest?

<bom, bom, I'm here all week. Ta---dahhh!

Mia4 Thu 22-Aug-13 19:56:33

primroseyellow some people are guestzilla's g much as there are bride and groomzilla's I've seen some guest ones.

I know one friend who is getting married next weekend had someone RSVP over facebook (awful etiquette) - despite the invites including prestamped RSVP envelopes- over 6 weeks late and expecting the bride to accommodate her. Even more facepalming was the fact that said couple had both emailed, fb and called this woman who'd ignored them all. Apparently, she felt she 'couldn't commit' until now. Though didn't bother sharing that information until less than a week before.

Lestagal78 Thu 22-Aug-13 19:57:08

No she's thrown us the bird. For our bad humour.

stiffstink Thu 22-Aug-13 19:57:46

Eggstraordinary!

lljkk Thu 22-Aug-13 19:58:40

Can't swallow this tale, maybe OP is some kinda Lyrebird.

Methe Thu 22-Aug-13 20:07:48

I think she's chickened out!

treesntrees Thu 22-Aug-13 21:04:34

First of all they did contact the bride and groom and say they would like to come but explained that they couldn't confirm until they knew if the grandparents could babysit. The grandparents had arrangements themselves which were difficult to re-arrange. The wedding was over 200 miles away so child care needed for two days and one night so trusted baby sitter that the child would be happy to stay with for that length of time had to be used. They were actually told six weeks before the wedding date by the brides mother that they should consider themselves un-invited.
Secondly when has feeling upset been poking ones nose in.
Yes I did mean RSVP but do think the amusing replies were funny.

nkf Thu 22-Aug-13 21:06:45

Did they reply via twitter?

treesntrees Thu 22-Aug-13 21:08:17

Sorry for the delay in answering but my computer froze so I closed it down to cool it .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now