Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think that Greggs sausage rolls are shit compared to Coopland ones?

(38 Posts)

I am sat eating a cooplands sausage roll and they are so much nicer than Greggs ones.

Greggs are so watery and nasty tasting where as cooplands are meatier and tastier.

Did I mention you can get 4 for £1 in cooplands? yes I bought 4 and will eat them all

Anyone agree?

Lweji Portugal Thu 22-Aug-13 16:53:51

I don't know. I've never been to Greggs and certainly not for sausage rolls. grin
No, seriously.

My DS was given Sainsbury's or Tesco ones. smile Only at home. I wouldn't risk getting him seen by a MNetter.

butterflybuns Thu 22-Aug-13 17:00:20

Everythings crap compared to Cooplands. Live too far away now but when I go home I always have a danish pastry. Far superior to any other cake anywhere. Miss them so much sad

Butterfly Cooplands are doing Chocolate orange muffins shock I aim to get one next week.

Mckayz Germany Thu 22-Aug-13 17:01:39

Cooplands sausage rolls are the best. Also their chocolate toffee Danish pastries are brilliant.

TeamEdward Thu 22-Aug-13 17:02:53

What is this Cooplands of which you speech?
Never seen one "dahn south".

Team Travel up north til you spot one grin

gordyslovesheep Germany Thu 22-Aug-13 17:03:48

you are wrong - Sayers Veggie Sausage Rolls are the best ever - FACT

Sanctimummy Thu 22-Aug-13 17:07:00

I prefer greggs, by a mile. <shrugs>

gordy and sancti you are both so very wrong. grin

Alisvolatpropiis Thu 22-Aug-13 17:13:19

I have no idea what Cooplands is.

I do eat Greggs sausage rolls without one iota of shame however.

Mckayz Germany Thu 22-Aug-13 17:16:54

Ones from Thomas's aren't too bad.

What is Thomas'?

I saw a pound bakery in town for the first time yesterday. No idea what they are like.

AnneUulmelmahay Thu 22-Aug-13 17:27:44

Cooplands? Is it to Booths as Greggs is to Waitrose?

ReginaPhilangie Thu 22-Aug-13 17:29:01

Nah, Sayers sausage rolls are the best, and their pasties are even better!

More like what McDonalds is to Burger King grin

Mckayz Germany Thu 22-Aug-13 17:29:38

Thomas' is just in North Yorkshire I think. We have one here and a Cooplands. I am looking forward to the school run starting again so I can pop in on the way home.

I'm in West Yorkshire.

never heard of or seen a Cooplands - must not have made it to Scotland either

x2boys Thu 22-Aug-13 17:33:40

I live up north never seen a coopland either?

never heard of Sayers or Thomas's either

x2boys Thu 22-Aug-13 17:35:28

oh we have lots of poundbakerys there ok but too much pastry not enough sausage they do do rather nice cakes however two for a pound bargain!

No Cooplands here, or Pound bakery which I read about on here.
I do live round the corner from Greggs though, and have me the odd sausage roll. Bloody lovely they are.

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Thu 22-Aug-13 17:43:22

Ive started buying a bag of 50 mini ones from Tesco, they will be ready in 20 mins, great for snacking, although I was trying not to today as they are 53kcals each, I've put on 21 for me and DC..thanks SP. hmm grin

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Thu 22-Aug-13 17:44:11

I don't have a Coopland either.

Is it the old Co-op?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now