wondering what all these families do in town centres all the time?

(227 Posts)
LadyMilfordHaven Thu 22-Aug-13 15:58:33

( well not ALL the time but more often than not)

yup - occasionally you all need to go in for something or you are on your way back from somewhere/on holiday mooching.

but IME the best shopping ( for say school stuff) is one parent BOLTS in ninja style and is in and out.

TOday there are endless family groups with tired hot whingey kids ( understandably).... is this fun?

LoopyLupo Sat 24-Aug-13 12:16:27

My SIL enjoys shopping. So she thinks its a fun activity to do at the weekends with the family. My brother loathes it. The dc spend most of the time screaming and arguing out of boredom.

But I honestly don't think they know what to do with their leisure time other than shop. So every week they go through this hell.

I have tried suggesting online shopping to SIL but I don't think it gives her the same thrill as actually being in a shop and she looks at me like I'm the crazy one.

I do feel for my brother. Sometimes they come round afterwards and he looks ready to shoot himself. Ultimately though, he needs to grow some and put his foot down so my sympathy is limited.

Hulababy Sun 25-Aug-13 08:39:54

Adernyas - yes, Sheffield is right smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now