Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

To want to go and live in the middle of a deserted forest....

(17 Posts)
twistedtoffee Thu 22-Aug-13 09:49:41

to get away from other people's NOISE. Music blaring, alarms wailing, kids screaming, teenagers shrieking, mobile phones squawking, car horns blaring.... why do people have to make so much noise all the time? <grumpy>

quoteunquote Thu 22-Aug-13 10:03:47

deserted forest...

Sorry to be the messenger of bad news there are no deserted forest...left anywhere.

but you could take up sailing,

but then you have to put up with the, "Too thick to sail brigade, that's OK you can have a motor boat", who spoil everyone enjoyment of the coast for everyone else.

but if you do the round the world challenge the deep south oceans are quite human free,

Munro bashing is quite good, as long as you stay away from the popular hills.

Thecurlywurlymum Thu 22-Aug-13 10:10:16

I live on the moors. Quiet, deserted? Not bloody likely. Full of ramblers lol

StElmo Thu 22-Aug-13 10:30:15

I wouldn't mind a cave of my own smile no council tax, nobody knocking on the door to try and flog you crap/join their cult/collect a catalogue I've already thrown away.

vintageclock Thu 22-Aug-13 10:36:42

YANBU. I can't even get any work done with people listening to phone messages on speaker or shouting into their mobiles. Just STFU people!

yellowballoons Thu 22-Aug-13 10:39:38

There are plenty of near empty woods. Some even with the occasional house in them.

chocoluvva Thu 22-Aug-13 10:41:06

But it would be horribly dark. sad

chocoluvva Thu 22-Aug-13 10:42:06

I sympathise with the noise pollution though. Stressful and irritating.

vintageclock Thu 22-Aug-13 10:44:22

You can't even sit on a bus now in any peace - teenagers showing off, other passengers shouting into their mobiles, music leaking from ipods sad.

Bowlersarm Thu 22-Aug-13 10:48:39

And it's only going to her worse.

Population going up, new houses being built (and not at the rate they will be in the future), etc. Countryside disappearing.

Have I cheered you up, OP?

Bowlersarm Thu 22-Aug-13 10:49:15

Get not her. Doh.

ZingWantsCake Fri 23-Aug-13 00:36:28

twisted

YANBU, but do choose a different forest from mine please!

I have hyperacusis, which was only diagnosed last year and it was a relief to know that I'm not neurotic and intolerant to people and sounds, but actually oversensitive to noises! high pitched ones are the worst.

have you had a hearing test regarding your sensitivity to noises?

WestieMamma Fri 23-Aug-13 00:43:30

Believe me you do not want to live in a deserted forest. I live in a proper deserted forest, except for the moose, wild boar and wolves ... and the plagues of vampire, mutant, size of a small horse, mosquitos. And it's an hour and a half drive just to get a sausage and egg McMuffin

It is quiet mind.

chocoluvva Fri 23-Aug-13 09:17:46

Yesterday I couldn't make myself heard by the assistant behind a counter, owing to the loud conversation between another assistant and two other women!

I also find shopping centres surprisingly noisy. No need to speak loudly - I think it's a city thing.

On a ferry between two Scottish islands I was struck by how quiet all the passengers were - it made for a pleasant atmosphere IMO. The only audible person was a lady who informed everyone mentioned to a local passenger that she lives in London. She was probably unaware of the fact that all the passengers probably felt sorry for her grin Sorry - that was naughty of me. (I love going to London - for a short trips).

froken Fri 23-Aug-13 09:34:05

Yanbu, when I was in the UK this summer I found the constant noise and all the people everywhere really stressful.

SkylerRose Fri 23-Aug-13 09:37:18

Sounds great to me! Can it be near a deserted beach too? Sounds like heaven

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now