To "cash in" all the stag do leniency and tell DH I am going to Bhutan ?

(48 Posts)
OhDearNigel Wed 21-Aug-13 22:58:05

Before i met Dh i was planning a life of single freedom enjoying group adventure holidays in interesting places. That's all gone for a burton now, especially as DH hates "trekking round temples" as he puts it !

Since we got married in 2007 and had Dd, Dh has been on about 5 stag do's of 3-5 days and has been to Romania 3 times, each for 7-10 days. I am more than happy with this, its like a holiday at home for me as i take time off work and generally enjoy myself.

However, the desire to go to places like bhutan, burma, korea still burns strong. Wibu to inform DH that i am intending to spend 2 weeks in bhutan next year ?

OhDearNigel Wed 21-Aug-13 22:59:14

ps i've never had any hen do's or holidays that replicate DH's boys' holidays !

Sleepyhead33 Wed 21-Aug-13 23:00:02

If you can afford it and you can sort Childcare for dd the YANBU...go for it and enjoy with no guilt at all smile

Sleepyhead33 Wed 21-Aug-13 23:00:53

Not that it is only down to you to sort cc obviously, I mean as a family you can sort it out!

LadyBeagleEyes Wed 21-Aug-13 23:01:51

God yes, absolutely.

Remotecontrolduck Wed 21-Aug-13 23:05:08

YADNBU. Go, have a good time!

OhDearNigel Wed 21-Aug-13 23:05:29

Dd would be at school by the time i could save the money to go and Mil/my parents would be more than happy to help out with DD. i think in some ways my mum wishes for me that i had never met DH as it stopped me doing some interesting things (like the trip i had planned to north korea !) so she would be very happy !

TylerHopkins Wed 21-Aug-13 23:08:08

You must definitely go. Leave nothing to regret later in life.

exexpat Wed 21-Aug-13 23:08:11

Absolutely do it, if childcare etc would not be a problem. I used to take off for a few days by myself every year, but couldn't make it too long as DH was running a business and we didn't have family to help out.

Do it.

Inertia Wed 21-Aug-13 23:15:02

Sounds fantastic- definitely do it!

I'm planning on China next year and DH does nothing exciting himself! Go for it.

OMG - do it. If he complains, call him on it.
Bhutan is seriously expensive, but quite quite the most intriguing place. It will blow your mind.

But then again, Burma was a bit amazing too.

Which to choose?!

Please do it, it will change your life.

OhDearNigel Wed 21-Aug-13 23:24:02

Went to Japan just after we met, mindblowing. Imagine bhutan/nepal/tibet would be similar smile

OhDearNigel Wed 21-Aug-13 23:29:13

Travail, the itinerary is Kathmandu, thimpu, punakha, gangte and paro. 10 nights.

Just looked at the burma itinerary, much cheaper and i suspect very fascinating. When were you there ?

Do it! My mum paid for flights two years ago for me to visit friends in NYC for 8 days and it was fantastic

lottiegarbanzo Wed 21-Aug-13 23:45:34

Do it, what an amazing place to visit.

WhiteandGreen Thu 22-Aug-13 00:17:06

Yes, do it. That's more than a fair bargain regarding time away.

Sounds like great fun, I really don't see why not. If he said no, when you can afford it, then he's saying you're not allowed to have fun. You've been pretty neutral in your description of him, would he be the sort to mind?

StuntGirl Thu 22-Aug-13 00:24:30

If he's happy to go away alone all the time then I see no reason why you couldn't either. Do it.

OhDearNigel Thu 22-Aug-13 00:47:56

Whiteandgreen, he wouldnt mind the time but would probably whinge about the money. I will simply add up cumulative costs of his jaunts

PunkHedgehog Thu 22-Aug-13 01:17:22

Go for it. If he's regularly buggering off for up to 10 days then you're definitely overdue a turn.

CountryMama Thu 22-Aug-13 01:35:56

I went to Bhutan once... Do it! And take your daughter! I can't wait to travel with my girl!

WhiteandGreen Thu 22-Aug-13 02:56:13

I'd want to go on my own grin

AndThatsWhatIThinkOfYou Thu 22-Aug-13 03:26:50

go for it!!

Ericaequites Thu 22-Aug-13 03:30:57

Go and have fun. What's sauce for the gander is sauce for the goose as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now