to still feel shocked at the two grown women fighting at a theme park today?

(42 Posts)

I'm on holiday in Somerset, it was my DD 6th birthday today. She chose Crealy Park for her birthday day out.

We had a great day and decided to leave the log flume until last for obvious reasons. Queued for 50 minutes just about to get on and two grown women had a fight in front of all the kids and families sad They didn't even know each other.

They were swearing, kicking, slapping and pulling each others hair.

No idea why but who does that at a kids place angry my daughter was so upset as were lots of other people.

An off duty policeman stepped in and got rid. But they just disappeared, I just hope the police caught up with them.

I'm a stewer and its really bugged me that people think this is ok to do. angry

Pat on the back to the policeman though because they weren't going to stop.

I'll get over it I suppose!

TylerHopkins Mon 19-Aug-13 22:38:21

They sounded a perfect match. They should have been shoved in a dark room and left to get on with it.

I feel sorry for any kids that belong to these woman.

Something similar happened at Legoland recently.

They had kids with them which is so sad. They really went for it and people were just stunned angry

Yonihadtoask Mon 19-Aug-13 22:40:03

Ugh. Not classy at all.

Sparklysilversequins Mon 19-Aug-13 22:40:43

Two mums did this in our school playground once, it certainly livened up the school run!

I feel sorry for their kids (but in some weird way, would have quite liked to see that! blush)

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 19-Aug-13 22:41:18

No nice but not uncommon. I worked at a large Zoo as a teen and two Dads had a fist fight over the queue for one thing.

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 19-Aug-13 22:41:44

Until you've seen two grown women fighting over the last frozen turkey in Morrisons on Christmas Eve you haven't loved OP.

I did when I was 17. Makes me laugh almost 8 years later grin

Moxiegirl Mon 19-Aug-13 22:43:07

Oh I would loved to have seen that blush

My friend was sat right by it and apparently one of them had supposedly taken a photo of the other ones boyfriend!

Hardly worthy of a fist fight though. If my DD hadn't been there I would have been gawping wink

edam Mon 19-Aug-13 22:51:55

The people at legoland won themselves a life-time ban. Let's hope this theme park does the same...

SaucyJack Mon 19-Aug-13 23:00:02

Not great, no, but what do these places expect when they leave people to queue in the blazing sun for hours with nothing to do?

oldnewmummy Mon 19-Aug-13 23:10:13

(Misses the point somewhat by wondering if a frozen turkey won in a fight on Christmas Eve would defrost by Christmas Day ... )

BlingBang Mon 19-Aug-13 23:17:14

Could happen to anyone - you only have to have words with the wrong person. My friend had a fight in a taxi queue one night - they were throwing each other over the bonnet of the taxi while I protected the pizza.

5Foot5 Mon 19-Aug-13 23:32:30

(Misses the point somewhat by wondering if a frozen turkey won in a fight on Christmas Eve would defrost by Christmas Day ... )

Probably not but if you find yourself turkey-less at that time on Christmas Eve then all rationality is probably lost anyway. I always find myself worrying over the brussell sprouts running out and getting in to an unseemly scrap over the last bag. I have even been known to panic buy two bags when it is plainly obvious one is enough. We don't even like sprouts anyway. (Sorry - gone way OT now)

Misspixietrix Tue 20-Aug-13 00:28:18

No definately not uncommon unfortunately OP but it makes me stew too. Huge brawl between two ladies in the School PlayGround and I just fekt sorry for all thé kids that witnessed it. sad ~

Misspixietrix Tue 20-Aug-13 00:32:21

Sorry that Should read felt not fekt. On à sidenote what is it with Christmas time in Morrisons? Taxi driver once told me about the old lady who wasted smashed the las bottle of Baileys or something over the other lady head. Which meant none of them got it and they both looked rather silly ~

Alisvolatpropiis Tue 20-Aug-13 00:35:35

It's a special place Misspixie. The behaviour I saw when I worked there had to be seen to be believed. People you assume to be reasonable totally lose grip on reality and those who only had a loose grip to start with become terrifying! grin

There was a fight in the car park of lidl the other day. We weren't allowed out until security guards had sorted it. No idea what it was about but not uncommon where I live to see women fighting with babies in buggies and toddlers there. ESP at the bus stop for the wheelchair space shock

NayFindus Tue 20-Aug-13 00:38:27

Damn. Really want pizza now hmm

<Googles PizzaHut and Dominos>

Bogeyface Tue 20-Aug-13 00:40:39

Two mums did this in our school playground once, it certainly livened up the school run!

DS is in his 20's now but when he was about 7 we had one of these. The HM was a lovely woman, kind, softly spoken, sympathetic about "accidents", you know what I mean. She came out while these 2 were kicking the crap out of each other (proper punching and eye gouging) and shouted "IN MY OFFICE NOOWWWWWWW!" I think every parent in the playground was shitting themselves grin

BlingBang Tue 20-Aug-13 01:14:04

To my shame my sister and I had each ther down by the hair in M&S once, an oldish lady employee had to break us up as we wouldn't let go. My mum just ignored us as she browsed the cardie rails.

BlingBang Tue 20-Aug-13 01:14:57

We were adults at the time, not kids.

Bogeyface Tue 20-Aug-13 01:28:52

Wow Blingie! What on earth caused that?!

My mother would have left the shop and then gone medieval on both of us later!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now