AIBU to feel U that no one can help me!!!( mini tennis)

(62 Posts)
burstingbaboon Mon 19-Aug-13 15:01:09

Hi ! Hope someone can help! I already posted in education thread but no one answered!!!!shock
I was wondering if anyone's dc does tennis! Can someone please advice me about competitions , how do you enter your child and how does it work?! Any advice will be highly appreciated !!!! Thank you so much!!!!!

burstingbaboon Mon 19-Aug-13 16:00:45

Hmm? Am I missing something? Did I offend anyone?

teacherwith2kids Mon 19-Aug-13 16:01:35

(Sighs pedantically) Exclamation marks are for ... you guessed it ... exclamations. They can also be used, to a very limited degree, to give emphasis, especially to show expression when writing down informal speech.

Statements (e.g. 'Thank you for all the replies') should be ended with a full stop.

burstingbaboon Mon 19-Aug-13 16:03:30

Very clever! Clap clap!

burstingbaboon Mon 19-Aug-13 16:03:51

I am really shocked!

fluckered Mon 19-Aug-13 16:05:06

burstingbaboon run! run like the wind!!!!!!!

fluckered Mon 19-Aug-13 16:05:34

grin

wish MN had a shit stir emoticon.

jacks365 Mon 19-Aug-13 16:05:58

You are best asking the coach's advice because he can recommend competitions that will be more appropriate for your daughters level. Entering the wrong level can harm confidence either by being too hard or too easy and he knows better than us.

teacherwith2kids Mon 19-Aug-13 16:06:45

Apologies. I was just trying to point out (in a massive cross-post, by the way), why your unusual use of punctuation (and the impression of breathless urgency it conveys) may have got in the way of a sensible responses to your post.

Speak to the coach.

What are you shocked about? hmm

burstingbaboon Mon 19-Aug-13 16:09:06

Thank you jacks365. I think I will just do that! Again I am saying, I was just looking for a bit of advice! Thank you one more time!

ZolaBuddleia Mon 19-Aug-13 16:10:12

OP, you write as if your very life depends upon finding somewhere for your daughter to play tennis, and that you're racing round Mumsnet in some sort of frantic mania to find the answer. That's why people are teasing you. grin

Breathe into a paper bag and remove the ! button from your keyboard.

Has ! ever been used so much in a thread?

! must be exhausted. grin

burstingbaboon Mon 19-Aug-13 16:14:57

Binky.... Why do you say that i come as demanding?

burstingbaboon Mon 19-Aug-13 16:20:19

No it's not as urgent, but I would like to get more info before I go back to work or she goes back to school! I realised that I have only a week and it would be nice to understand more about tennis. I know levels , ranking but as i said earlier, I will speak to her coach. I just feel that maybe I will be judged for not knowing more about sport she is doing.

Why should you be expected to know the ins and outs of tennis?, just because your dd is talented doesn't follow that you should be an expert yourself.

burstingbaboon Mon 19-Aug-13 16:27:59

Youstayclassysandiego! You are right! Just I am not the most confident person in the world and I thought I will be able to get information without asking the coach!
She loves tennis! That'a what is important- she is doing something that she loves and she is good at it( not perfect) and I thought I will be able to do things on my own! Thank you!

fluckered Mon 19-Aug-13 16:30:50

(elbows burstingbaboon in the ribs, grabs keyboard, rips off ! key)

wink

listen, just ask the coach. honestly it is what he is there for and you pay him for. if you really don't want to ask him, get your dd to, or perhaps there are leaflets on it in a sports centre or there was some good advise and links up thread. good luck op!!!!!

(he he he)

burstingbaboon Mon 19-Aug-13 16:36:49

Do I really use !!! so many times? I just dont even realise it, honestly. Is that why most posters are having a go? But not everyone is writing perfect English. It's my second language and I am really trying hard. When I am at work I have to be more aware( obviusly) but other times it looks like I do lots of !!!! which I shouldn't , but I came here to ask about tennis not my mistakes....

fluckered Mon 19-Aug-13 16:39:34

yeah.

you do.

and it makes your posts sound very urgent like its life and death. but don't worry about it. you post on a forum your gonna get a variety of answers. I sure as hell have loads of spelling mistakes and improper punctuation but your excessive use of the !! kinda stood out tbh.

but don't worry about it.

burstingbaboon Mon 19-Aug-13 16:43:13

grin I know , I can see it now. I covered ! sign and I won't use it no matter how urgent it will be. Thank you.

mikulkin Mon 19-Aug-13 16:47:49

The coach should enroll her. The reason the coach mentions to you is to get your interest confirmed. The rest is coach's problem. My DS plays in tennis club and we went through this.
The coach will first organise internal competitios and/or give you phone numbers of children who are interested as well to arrange the games.
Then the coach will get her to the next level hopefully.

burstingbaboon Mon 19-Aug-13 16:48:34

Wow . I just realised one of my posts have ! after every sentence. That's really bad . I would be sacked if I do this at work. Hope little Burstingbaboon' a won't do the same thing......

burstingbaboon Mon 19-Aug-13 16:52:39

Mikulkin. That's what I thought but she is not doing anything like that. I will have to be straight forward and ask her all things that I want to know.

BlingBang Mon 19-Aug-13 16:53:51

Just ask your coach for advice, it can be quite complicated at first. She has to join the LTA which is free, they have a search function for competitions in your area.

burstingbaboon Mon 19-Aug-13 17:00:28

Yes, she is member of lta. We live in nw London, when I do search in local area it will give me Surrey, but only one or two that are suitable for her level. So do I just click and pay for her level or do I need to present anything else? Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now