To think that a newborn is a walk in the park compared to a 5mo?

(71 Posts)
Bluemonkeyspots Mon 19-Aug-13 14:47:38

Or am I looking back a few months through rosé tinted specs?

Bring back the days where the only problem was worrying about collapsing through sheer exhaustion.

Now it's all sore gums, hair pulling, screaming because she can't roll over, screaming because she has now rolled over and is stuck, crying as she wants more than milk, crying if i try her with solids as she can't hold onto or swallow them, fighting sleep but being too heavy to rock to sleep, being too nosey to sleep when out in the pram, constantly pulling her blankets over her head then crying when she can't get them off again......... Aarrrgghhh!

It's a good thing she is so cute and has the best smile ever!

CuriosityCola Mon 19-Aug-13 20:15:50

I have a newborn and a toddler. I wish I could go back and have a word with my pfb self. He was actually really easy and extremely portable. My newborn is a terrible feeder, but still pretty easy considering. It's the constant entertaining that becomes exhausting.

I miss naps snuggled with my pfb.

Doinmummy Mon 19-Aug-13 20:21:24

I'd swap my 15 year old for a whole room full of newborns.

PastaBeeandCheese Mon 19-Aug-13 20:34:57

Ha ha. My friends and I are always shaking our heads at out 21 month olds and asking 'what was hard about a newborn again'?

Bluemonkeyspots Mon 19-Aug-13 20:39:14

Well she is in bed now recharging the demon batteries for tomorrow wink

Funny how no matter how much you think you love them during the day you always love them that tiny bit more when their sound asleep with their chubby wee fists clinging onto their blankets.

Now I just need to get the older three to settle and I can collapse with a glass of wine.

arethereanyleftatall Mon 19-Aug-13 21:42:19

Newborn, 1, 2 and 3 all easy peasy. 4.5 yr old? Ahhhh, leave me alone for one arsing second please. Please. Just.fuck.off.and.play.with.your.dolls.

arethereanyleftatall Mon 19-Aug-13 21:45:25

Oh, can I retract that? Feel bad now but pissed.. Love you darling girl.

PastaBeeandCheese Mon 19-Aug-13 22:03:14

No you may not arethereanyleft I thought exactly the same thing as I had to walk across the kitchen with DD clutching my leg. I used to think that only happened on tv.

arethereanyleftatall Mon 19-Aug-13 22:08:29

grin

AmandaCooper Mon 19-Aug-13 22:11:57

Omg looking after my 5 month old is an absolute piece of piss compared to when he was a newborn.

thebody Mon 19-Aug-13 22:13:43

ClassieSandiago!! please give me my teen girls back!!! not!!!

oh to share am NOT watching cd with dh and dss. ( old enough) The expendables.. what the fuck happened to Winnie The Poo??

FreeWee Mon 19-Aug-13 22:17:10

Oooh YABU! My newborn was a nightmare! Wouldn't sleep till 6/7/8am (been awake since 6pm), wouldn't nap during the day except on me, screamed if I put her down, would only settle when bounced, nibbled my nipples for weeks in the early days. My 6 month old is a joy! She's easy going, can be left long enough for me to make lunch (didn't have lunch at lunchtime till about 7 weeks) and interacts with smiles and chuckles. Yet my house is a tip with toys but now she entertains herself rather than me having to do everything. Yes she has clingy days weeks but then she chills out and gets on with it. She's such good fun now!

bigbuttons Mon 19-Aug-13 22:21:35

Young kids and babies are very easy compared to teens, honestly.

YoniBottsBumgina Mon 19-Aug-13 22:23:04

grin arethey.

My almost 5 year old is in a state of near-constant giddy excitement currently, which gives way about once every two hours to whining, petty sniping, over-emotionalness and RAGE. We are moving house (actually, country) in ten days. I get that he's struggling to process this. But by god, I wish DP was coming over earlier than 3 days before to help me deal with him!

Monty27 Mon 19-Aug-13 22:37:25

Parenting is hard work, different levels :D Try and enjoy the good bits.

When I look back with rose tinted glasses, the most enjoyable bits were when they starting to talk and starting school. So funny and enjoyable. smile

skint dm of young adults

Bogeyface Tue 20-Aug-13 00:25:18

YY to the teens! I would swap one teenager for sextuplet newborns on my own whilst running my own alligator dentistry business. Walk.in.the.park.

bigbuttons Tue 20-Aug-13 14:15:57

bogeyface I'll raise you to octuplets whilst having both arms tied behind my backwink

Hahar wait till they are toddlers

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 20-Aug-13 14:45:43

Toddlers Shmoddlers! grin
Teenagers. There is nothing to compare!

Bogeyface Tue 20-Aug-13 15:10:54

A sneeze is to Mt Vesuvius as a toddler is to a teenager grin

jeanmiguelfangio Tue 20-Aug-13 15:28:55

I prefer my 5 month old to my newborn!! I actually get sleep which is a bonus, makes it so much easier to deal with!! She has always wanted attention constantly, but now she can entertain herself for a bit with toys, and she can sit on her own and look at me with gummy smiles.
But when she is asleep, my lord that baby is beautiful. Cute little hands and little face. Can't beat it!

LimitedEditionLady Tue 20-Aug-13 17:16:27

New born was only hard for the lack of sleep,was still getting up every few hours at five months though.I loved looking after baby all the way tjrough,loved the new stages as i found it amazing how one day they wake up and do something new.i do find argumentative toddler a bit testing however....breathe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now