To be pissed off that husband has never got me a birthday present?

(82 Posts)
goodgollygosh Mon 19-Aug-13 09:54:39

Well there's more to it than that he has never got me a birthday present. But more so that he will buy thoughtful presents for every other member of his family!
I had nothing off him for my birthday not even a card from the children (yet on his family's birthday he gets them all those cards with pics of the children on). On Mother's Day I had nothing I made myself a card with the children yet his nan (mother is dead) got a picture card and framed picture of the children. Its now coming up to his younger brothers girlfriends birthday. She is a right cow to say I can't stand her is an understatement. She is very sly and tried to set him up with her relative and gave out his number. He has gone and ordered her £30 of items from benefit website. I could cry I don't even have any mascara and would love a benefit set! Its not even like they buy for us! He says its because they buy for the children (yeah cheap tat).
Tell me honestly am I being a selfish cow and sounding spoilt? I'm not so hope it doesn't come across like that I'm sooooooo generous to every one I just feel so unimportant to him (its always been like this).
Thanks ladies.

KateCroydon Mon 19-Aug-13 20:31:31

hmmm. It sounds like you might want to talk to a divorce lawyer.

inneedofrain Mon 19-Aug-13 20:34:29

Golly

You are without a doubt worth more than this

We are all worthy of some not only to love but that loves us back and shows that love for what it is unconditional

Just take a second and think is this going to be you life? Only you can answer that question

Emilythornesbff Mon 19-Aug-13 20:38:46

See a lawyer.
See a lawyer
See a lawyer.

brew

goodgollygosh Mon 19-Aug-13 21:53:01

Softkitty its ok. I didn't take offence I said in another post that it should of ended after Liverpool and that I can't dwell on it because I have myself to blame.
Dawny well done n getting out you sound so strong.
Well when he returned and I tried to talk to him he said I'm being selfish for ruining the childrens home life. That it isn't about me being happy but for the children to have a proper family. He then said I needed help (mentally). He is sleeping downstairs so I guess that's it. Wow what a day from my first thread on mums net to my relationship (joke of a one) ending and do you know what....I've stuck to my diet 100% and didn't run to chocolate like I would of done a month ago.
Thanks ladies you have made me feel so much better and really helped me get my head around the fact I was not being unreasonable!

pigletmania Mon 19-Aug-13 21:55:01

Go to a solicitor tomorrow! He is one nasty piece of work, you don't have to take this shit

pigletmania Mon 19-Aug-13 21:57:38

He des nothing for you, are worth so much more get out!

pigletmania Tue 20-Aug-13 09:50:57

Hw are things today good?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now