Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

TidyDancer's bridezilla thread part 4

(650 Posts)
TidyDancer England Fri 16-Aug-13 06:58:26

Ready for later! smile

YouTheCat Thu 12-Sep-13 23:29:15

That is beautiful. grin

ExitPursuedByADragon Thu 12-Sep-13 23:27:52

O.M.G.

pudtat Thu 12-Sep-13 22:58:12

Just found the perfect gift who knew?

AlpacaPicnic Sat 07-Sep-13 13:52:20

A quick bump for the weekend crowd ;-)

That cake looks far tastier than your average wedding cake. And that "careless disorder" would have been surprisingly tricky to design and arrange.

AlpacaPicnic Fri 06-Sep-13 23:00:21

O. M. G.

I've just found their wedding cake on pintrest...!

cake

Sparklymommy Thu 05-Sep-13 21:29:23

Have just read all four of these threads in their entirety and cannot believe the audacity of some people! Tidy the fact you can laugh and enjoy the thread really shows a strength of character. And the way you acted was perfect. Such a shame you have lost a friend over this but hopefully one day, after the bridezilla has exited your friend she will see her mistakes and try to make things up with you. If not, her loss.

Especially like the veil up the colon theme btw! Very good image!

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 04-Sep-13 09:59:59

Unless Gluezilla pulls out another trick <<hope springs eternal>>

thistlelicker Wed 04-Sep-13 07:31:44

I get this feeling this thread is dying now

misunderstanding my bottom!

whrn i got married, i wore a pair of pink sparkly strappy 1" heel childrens shoes. cost me £3 grin

as soon as i arrived at the reception though i changed into very sparkly pink childrens trainers and kept those on till the end. they were £5 and people kept taking pictures of my feet hmm grin

MintyChops Tue 03-Sep-13 22:39:41

Agree FruOla, I think it's very sad too, sorry was being flippant. She really is a twat to be trotting out the misunderstand line.

caroldecker Tue 03-Sep-13 22:17:02

Fruola the bride actually goes down the nave. The aisles are the two parallel bits either side of the church.

FruOla Tue 03-Sep-13 19:19:46

But what a sad realisation for Tidy? sad

MintyChops Tue 03-Sep-13 19:18:14

The misunderstanding is simple; for years Tidy, you misunderstood the fact that Gluezilla was a massive bitch masquerading as your friend and thought she was a nice person. At least she has cleared that up for you!

AaDB Mon 02-Sep-13 09:50:14

Your friend being surprised you weren't there, does at least confirm your original feelings about the lack of invite. GZ must know that friends will talk about this with you.

FruOla Mon 02-Sep-13 09:07:11

That sounded a bit daft "going down the aisle" - obviously brides go down the aisle (or whatever their 'arrival' at the ceremony consists of) blush. She didn't just mean for dancing afterwards, but the whole day. I've never been a bride Waffly, but recalling my one stint as a bridesmaid, in not terribly comfortable shoes, standing on a cold church floor I think trainers sound ace grin

WafflyVersatile Sun 01-Sep-13 19:20:17

Well it's better for their feet!

<rubs bunions>

FruOla Sun 01-Sep-13 16:28:14

Yes, clearly Glue has 'misunderstood' the non misunderstanding. But I'm guessing this story will make its way round some of Tidy's friends now.

A friend told me yesterday that some brides now wear trainers, instead of shoes, under their wedding dresses - i.e. going down the aisle wearing trainers - it sounds quite funky grin

Picturesinthefirelight Sun 01-Sep-13 15:10:10

It's really dangerous to try & dance in flip flops

AlfalfaMum Sun 01-Sep-13 14:57:40

Well, gluezilla certainly 'misunderstood' the point of save the date cards! Maybe that's what she meant wink

SmiteYouWithThunderbolts Sun 01-Sep-13 12:56:29

SIL gave everyone a pair of flip flops as a wedding favour. The wedding was right by the beach so it worked awesomely. There's a brilliant photo of SIL and her H's first dance, she's in her dress and very pretty shoes but he's already ditched the jacket and tie and has his flip flops on. Amazing.

Pobblewhohasnotoes Sun 01-Sep-13 12:51:05

I never quite got the flip flop thing, I'm quite happy dancing in my bare feet once the heels have come off.

You did well Tidy, you have no reason you defend gluezilla.

WafflyVersatile Sun 01-Sep-13 12:48:54

TBF 'it was a bit of a misunderstanding' was probably the best thing to say, out of the options available, especially if asked at the actual wedding.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 01-Sep-13 12:44:26

misunderstanding my arse!!!!!

AND YES IVE BEEN TO A FLIP FLOP WEDDING - whoops hit caps in my excitement smile

basket of flip flops by dance floor for us wimps girls who cant walk/dance in high heels

was a lovely idea smile

eatriskier Costa Rica Sun 01-Sep-13 11:48:54

the only way I can understand glue saying there was a misunderstanding like that is if she's planning on going 'I didn't want to say on the day as I'm so upset but tidy offered to decorate then let me down at the last minute for no reason, and that's why she didn't come'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now