AIBU to think that Kirstie Allsop has completely lost the plot!

(132 Posts)
EmpireBiscuit Tue 06-Aug-13 20:28:28

Watching "Fill your house for free" and can't help wondering, not only, who has the time but who really wants a washing machine drum coffee table? hmm

mignonette Wed 07-Aug-13 14:46:32

Sarah grin grin grin

Was it painted on black paper? There cannot be that many surely.It was not a popular concept, Tigers in the 1980's! everybody else was doing surrealism.

Yes she so should not have won first prize for her Eclairs and scones as they said their bottoms were burned. What level of discernment is that WI?

Snoop that is hysterical grin

I would argue so much they'd chuck me off the show Sarah. It's be 'Kirsty recycles nothing because of PITA person on it'.

chocolateicecream Wed 07-Aug-13 14:57:44

A little off topic so apologies. Usually I find the woman a little annoying but I do like her 'top dog' duvet set and am thinking of buying my dd one.

BeaWheesht Wed 07-Aug-13 22:58:44

I'm so glad I found this thread. Dh and I were sat watching thinking WTF?

The tables stuck to the walls made me laugh especially when they said some of the tables had been dearly loved and donated after someone wanted to pass them on because her late grandmother loved them so much. Can you imagine that person turning the TV on to see them chopped into bits and glued onto a wall?? hmm

I do like Kirstie though although if she is a bit of a twat as a previous post suggests that is v disappointing.

LilacPeony Wed 07-Aug-13 23:06:21

I used to like her, until I saw her on Question Time and she was outraged that her poor in-laws might have to pay mansion tax on their 2 million pound property. In the middle of a recession I just found it hard to drum up any sympathy. hmm

We call the latest programme " fill your house with crap". It's the best comedy on at the moment. Love the mix and clash outfits Kirsty is wearing.

freeas Sun 08-Sep-13 11:34:53

I am trying to clear up my home and find that I have a lot of tatty furniture. I keep seeing them as free wood and working out what I could turn them into. Then I`m overcome with stress and just want to chuck it out and call the council to take it to the tip.. I go-ogled `Is KA stuff for free a good idea.` I have spent the last hour in side splitting ,choking fits of laughter reading an article from the Guardian and this forum. I thought I was the only one who found KA make overs hideous . After the first show I just watched the start and flicked back at the end to see the appalling outcome. This site has cheered me up so much. I`m off to chuck my rubbish out.

Viviennemary Sun 08-Sep-13 11:37:19

She was quite entertaining once. But it's now got to the stage when the powers that be think the public will swallow any nonsense if she's spouting it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now