To think that it generally helps if the council actually return calls?

(29 Posts)
Xihha Tue 06-Aug-13 15:53:22

I don't really want to go into too much detail about why but I need to talk to a specific person at the local council, I have been trying to get hold of them for a month, they were supposed to have been in touch with me before that, they never answer the number they gave me, they never return my calls and when I called the reception desk they said they can't do anything so give me the number for the direct line, which is the same line I have been calling!

They have my phone number and I've left it on every message just in case and after sitting in the council offices for 2 hours in the hope the person I needed to talk to would be there, doing what they are bloody well paid to do, only to be told they were too busy to see me, the lady I eventually saw told me she wasn't able to do anything but she sent an internal message telling this person to call me asap and checked my number was correct on the system, that was a week ago and I still haven't heard anything. I know she sent it because she did it in front of me. It's really pissing me off.

I accept that they may be extremely busy but as it is a serious issue which they were supposed to have dealt with by the beginning of July, shouldn't someone of let me know what was going on by now?

AIBU to think that this really isn't acceptable?

xihaa where I work we still have separate customer facing teams so e.g.environmental health staff answer the environmental health phones etc.More and more councils seem to be putting a call centre at the front end like tidydancers examples. also the cuts have not had a proportionate effect. rich councils in naice Tory areas do not appear to be as badly affected as ?Labour councils in poorer areas and London. some people will say the former are just better run most people realise the funding system is skewed.

Xihha Fri 09-Aug-13 14:39:30

Thanks for all the advice, I have finally got hold of the person i needed to speak to, they are not being helpful and are trying to palm me off on other people/agencies, all of whom have agreed that the person i am dealing with is wrong and is not doing their job properly so have given me some names of people to contact, its like working in a call center today, currently waiting on a cal back from the legal team Shelter use so hopefully there will be some advice there.

twinkletoedelephant Fri 09-Aug-13 16:30:21

I have given up with our council we have contacted them about a neighbour leaving food out for the.' bird's and foxes ( enough for a small county) and now we have a big rat problem.....

Had a reply that they sent Somone out and could see no sign of rats, but the dead rat at the front of the house could be disposed by double bagging and placed in the bins..... They cannot see the problem when I phoned... Thankfully cat helps keeps the numbers down smile

twinkletoedelephant Fri 09-Aug-13 16:30:42

I have given up with our council we have contacted them about a neighbour leaving food out for the.' bird's and foxes ( enough for a small county) and now we have a big rat problem.....

Had a reply that they sent Somone out and could see no sign of rats, but the dead rat at the front of the house could be disposed by double bagging and placed in the bins..... They cannot see the problem when I phoned... Thankfully cat helps keeps the numbers down smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now