To think that 'wet nursing' should not cause a public outcry.

(56 Posts)
Tweenangst Tue 06-Aug-13 15:19:53

I don't know how to put a link up but there is an article on daily mail (sorry!) about a French nurse offering her services for a hundred euros a day. Surely this is just a supply/demand thing and if she is fit and healthy and the parents are happy, why do people think its gross? The comments on the article have to be seen to be believed .

RonaldMcDonald Wed 07-Aug-13 08:18:20

Blah blah women who are notorious drunks and drug addicts are also working as wet nurses
The germs
The breast cooties

Really?

If it floats your boat, you can afford it and feel you need it for your baby then it seems great that you can avail of a wet nurse.

If you'd rather FF then equally great

SofiaVagueara Wed 07-Aug-13 10:46:35

Oh, Ronald McDonald so you are going for the scientific method of deciding that somebodies breast milk is going to be okay to give your baby because they seem nice on first meeting and they'll do it for cash?

Really? Do you use the same criteria when choosing which people you will allow to introduce bodily fluid into yourself?

I don't know why people would take a risk with their child that they wouldn't take with themselves.

When cash starts changing hands you're taking a big risk. You can't necessarily tell a persons sexual history and activity by looking at them. You can't tell a drug addict by looking at them.

Morloth Wed 07-Aug-13 11:12:38

I too would have preferred for my children to have human milk over any other milk if I had not been able to breastfeed them myself.

People are entitled to their preferences.

I almost breastfed a friend's baby once, we had babies of around the same age, mine was sleeping, she was cooking and her baby started crying, my had my bra unhooked and the baby half out of his basket before my brain kicked in.

There are a couple of people I would have trusted to breastfeed my babies before I fed them formula.

Happily it never came up.

RonaldMcDonald Wed 07-Aug-13 12:12:01

I think that there really is a great deal of blethering on this site.

Crucially this is something that will never affect the vast vast majority of you.
For those that it will they can make the decisions

sofia yes patently every person who is a wet nurse carries a disease...oooooo

Morloth Wed 07-Aug-13 12:32:55

RonaldMcDonald 'I think that there really is a great deal of blethering on this site.'

Well, yeah. Blethering is pretty much the point!

RonaldMcDonald Wed 07-Aug-13 12:49:02

morloth

thanks for the clarification

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now