Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

The Duke and Duchess gave their occupation as prince and princess of the United Kingdom on the birth certificate register

(152 Posts)
vivizone Sat 03-Aug-13 20:31:35

Thought their occupation was helicopter rescue pilot and housewife

"Princess of England" as an "Occupation" is ridiculous. The father's occupation is an RAF helicopter pilot. Prince, isn't an occupation.

These are titles not occupations. Or have I got this wrong?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23552087

Does it matter?

Will it affect you ?

If not don't give it head space

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 03-Aug-13 20:34:04

I think Prince/Princess might be occupations technically because of the royal duties?

In the same was Queen/King is not merely a title?

Maybe?

<unsure face>

Vivacia Sat 03-Aug-13 20:34:53

What's the AIBU question?

smokinaces Sat 03-Aug-13 20:34:59

But she's not just a housewife is she? She works as a princess, going to events, royal duties etc. Granted he is a helicopter pilot, but to say she is a housewife isn't true. Princess in her case is more accurate imo.

It's to make it easier for future genealogists,

twinklyfingers Sat 03-Aug-13 20:37:12

As prince and princess, they have duties and expectations which, I believe, must keep them occupied. I don't know about you, but I didn't have to worry about millions of people seeing me the day after I gave birth.

Really it makes no difference to anyone what they put though.

Cheesyslice Sat 03-Aug-13 20:37:12

I think it's a bloody great job title grin

Also excuse my pig ignorance but what is Kate's surname now? Windsor? blush

ForgetfulNameChanger Sat 03-Aug-13 20:38:33

I know I'd put down my more unique job out of the two!

LazyMonkeyButler Sat 03-Aug-13 20:38:37

Prince is William's main job, he is a part-time helicopter pilot. Likewise, Kate is a Princess currently on maternity leave. I wouldn't call her a housewife, as I doubt she does her own cleaning/ironing/washing etc.

SuburbanRhonda Sat 03-Aug-13 20:38:40

It tickles me to see - Birthplace: Reading, and Occupation: Princess of the United Kingdom on the same piece of paper smile

Nottalotta Sat 03-Aug-13 20:38:51

I thought it was a brilliant thing to put as an occupation and imagined them having a little snigger about it.

Hmmm, where does their principal income come from?

LazyMonkeyButler Sat 03-Aug-13 20:39:26

I might be wrong but I thought they were Mountbatten-Windsor.

TippiShagpile Sat 03-Aug-13 20:39:27

I think they will have checked this out with the relevant palace/civil service officials.

I wouldn't waste any sleep over it tbh.

Nottalotta Sat 03-Aug-13 20:39:51

Kate can choose from Windsor, Cambridge or .....somwthing else.

smokinaces Sat 03-Aug-13 20:40:48

Lazymonkey I read in all the gumf post prince Georges birth that it was mountbatten-Windsor too, but that William goes by Wales in the raf

Grignard Sat 03-Aug-13 20:40:51

I couldn't do what they do - not without a LOT of training anyway. I am pretty sure they could both do what I do (graduate only career type job) with just a few intensive weeks of training.

Nottalotta Sat 03-Aug-13 20:40:52

Yes lazy Mountbatten is the something else.

Lackedpunchesforever Sat 03-Aug-13 20:41:20

I think it's ace grin

gutzgutz Sat 03-Aug-13 20:41:51

Looks like a fake. As someone who registered a birth recently, everything was typed. Why should this registration be different?

LazyMonkeyButler Sat 03-Aug-13 20:42:13

TBH though, I hadn't realised that the whole HRH Prince of Cambridge malarkey would be on the birth certificate. I thought it would just be George Alexander Louis Mountbatten-Windsor (or whatever the correct surname is).

LaGuardia Sat 03-Aug-13 20:42:53

Surely every girl's dream? Occupation: princess. Cooler than cool.

Why does this piss you off?

Mandy2003 Sat 03-Aug-13 20:43:56

And he wouldn't be allowed to sign it just "Wills" would he?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now