Why make up stories on here?

(40 Posts)
Doubtfuldaphne Thu 01-Aug-13 20:37:00

In reference to the most recent deleted post.. The op ended every reply with a 'x' ... A red flag if ever there was one!

Whothefuckfarted Thu 01-Aug-13 20:55:24

Just for the record. Trolls can't be easily identified by an IP address. All you need to do is turn your router off (for about 2 minutes) then on again and wala.. new IP address.

Now what thread are you on about? grin

Emilythornesbff Thu 01-Aug-13 20:58:00

Ooh. Which one was it?
I bet I was sucked in.

Hassled Thu 01-Aug-13 20:58:54

There have been made-up ones which have been hilarious though. I'm too dippy to actually remember what any of them were, but they did exist, honest.

As to why you'd make-up a story that wasn't an attempt at humour - to get attention. Any attention is better than no attention.

runningonwillpower Thu 01-Aug-13 20:59:01

Oh, it wasn't the one I was thinking of.

How did people know?

I'm so gullible I believed the one about 'gullible doesn't exist in the dictionary'.

But you can't go through life thinking people are all liars.

Can you?

WorraLiberty Thu 01-Aug-13 21:02:49

Just think about it like this....

Every odd person you've ever crossed the street to avoid.

Every strange looking person you see on the bus...and pray that they're not going to choose the seat next to you.

The strange lady who feeds the neighbourhood cats in her nightie at 4am...with pigeon poo in her hair.

The pervs who stand outside pubs and shout "Get yer tits out" to passing women.

The people who sit on par benches and babble incoherently into cans of strong lager.

They all have access to the internet, so perhaps that answers your question OP?

Enjoy! grin

<< Goes back to feeding cats in my nightie >>

Steffanoid Thu 01-Aug-13 21:04:35

I opened this thread thinking you were wondering about make up being unreasonableblush
I was very hmm

madasa Thu 01-Aug-13 21:05:15

Why are there cats in your nightie?

Passmethecrisps Thu 01-Aug-13 21:05:38

The strange lady who feeds the neighbourhood cats in her nightie at 4am...with pigeon poo in her hair.

Have you been watching me worra?

Gruntfuttock Thu 01-Aug-13 21:05:48

Worra why are the cats in your nightie? grin

Gruntfuttock Thu 01-Aug-13 21:06:55

Bugger! madasa beat me to it!

We should have a competition to see who can get the most posts on a made up thread! grin

madasa Thu 01-Aug-13 21:09:41

smile

WorraLiberty Thu 01-Aug-13 21:10:40

There are all sorts of strange things in my nightie grin blush

Doubtfuldaphne Thu 01-Aug-13 21:19:16

Steffanoid that did make me laugh!

Lazyjaney Thu 01-Aug-13 21:22:40

I strongly suspect quite a few long running and much enjoyed threads on here are largely made up. People like telling and listening to stories, short and tall....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now