To not like the sudden increase in hun-ing on here?

(186 Posts)
ForgetfulNameChanger Wed 31-Jul-13 22:44:25

I love mumsnet for the fact it isn't all huggy huggy kiss kiss hun babez x x x rant over end of!

But I'm seeing it slowly creeping in and I'm not liking it.

AIBU?

No idea. I dont like it either hun

xxx

I haven't noticed it. I agree that we don't want hunning here. I enjoy the good grammar and spelling of MN and don't want to see it dumbed down.

500internalerror Wed 31-Jul-13 22:46:22

It's not as bad as someone in rl, that you like and respect, uses the 'h word' grin

Aw Hun, the bubs are all sleeping so we can chat n al that. U ok babe ?x x x

Tbh I have seen it once on a support thread. There's a poster that keeps leaving xxxx's but just the one

ForgetfulNameChanger Wed 31-Jul-13 22:49:51

You are making me rage, people! grin

I just can't bear it. I've noticed it around in different places and different users (unless its one name changing). Its really grating me babez.

SoleSource Wed 31-Jul-13 22:49:53

Wassup hun?

tittytittyhanghang Wed 31-Jul-13 22:50:27

Your feelings are valid so YANBU.

However its up to other posters to post how the fuck they want, if you dont like it dont respond to it. If your gonna become all sarcy and unwelcoming with them then YABU imo.

I dont really give a shit. A post is a post is a post.

HTH xxxxxxx

thenightsky Wed 31-Jul-13 22:51:20

Tell them to shut the cunty fuck up perhaps? Then they'll remember where they are grin

LST Wed 31-Jul-13 22:53:10

I sometimes put one 'x' on a support thread... blush

ImNotBloody14 Wed 31-Jul-13 22:56:47

I dont get the ones that put 'xx' in the end of every single post even if they're having a go at someone! Odd.

FunnysInLaJardin Wed 31-Jul-13 22:57:30

dunno I've been on 'oliday. huh

ForgetfulNameChanger Wed 31-Jul-13 23:05:10

Soz titty hun! I don't tend to respond to it but my eyes can't choose not to read it unfortunately sad

I just don't like negative change <sobs>

fackinell Wed 31-Jul-13 23:07:38

Yes, and it is irritating, but not as annoying as a FB status of just a sad (for attention) and people starting sentences with, 'I'm not being funny, but.'
I'll pick my battles and let this one slide.....

pigletmania Wed 31-Jul-13 23:07:49

Oh no Hun, that's no good.

MardyBra Wed 31-Jul-13 23:08:36

I hadn't noticed it. I've been too busy stirring commenting in AIBU to get hunned.

ZingWidge Wed 31-Jul-13 23:09:24

Being Hungarian I'm actually a hun.
you can call me hun anytime, I don't mind

and to quote rosepettel: "you mumnets are all sweat"

xxx

thebody Wed 31-Jul-13 23:11:57

haven't noticed except in support threads where its appropriate sometimes. xxxxx

SamHamwidge Wed 31-Jul-13 23:12:47

If I want to hun I'll hun, if I want to say cunty fuck I'll do that too. Lets make MN an inclusive and tolerant place for all, otherwise we're no better than nethuns those we bitch about, are we?

Hugs((()))

Oh babez I no wot u mean Hun it's annoying innit?

ForgetfulNameChanger Wed 31-Jul-13 23:18:54

Totes scoose, babez.

I want to be tolerant and inclusive but this one just makes me struggle sad I just dread it turning into nethuns or b&b. I suppose evolution of forums is natural but please god no.

WilsonFrickett Wed 31-Jul-13 23:20:20

I have definitely noticed an upturn in xxxx and end of. End of bugs me, because it's a fucking chat forum. You dont get to say end of. Unless you are Thor the Threadkiller and she doesn't even exist!

So no hunni, you say it how it is babez. Stay strong for you and the bubu and the MN x

Icelollycraving Wed 31-Jul-13 23:28:28

I don't mind xx on support threads. I think that's nice. I put x on the end of most of my texts,but those are on texts to people I would kiss. I'd feel foolish doing it on here,particularly after a random post to a stranger who wants to know how to either do Nigella ham in cherry coke or chatting about coronation street. As you can see I head for the high brow threads.

ZingWidge Wed 31-Jul-13 23:30:51

OP it's either hun or bitch twat, innit?grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now