to be fed up of balls in my garden from next door?

(234 Posts)
nomoreballs Wed 31-Jul-13 19:41:49

Nearly everyday at least one ball gets thrown over the fence. The record was 5 in one day! I used to pick them up each time and throw them back but I am getting annoyed by it. If the kids are in the garden when I throw them back they never say thanks.

I had plans to get a greenhouse before they moved in but it's not worth even considering.

A few days ago I gave up throwing them back. I counted 4 balls in my garden this morning (plus one more that my dog was chewing on.)

Neither the kids or the parents have said anything yet. AIBU?

And Matthew Wright researchers are cheeky buggers Rhino. grin

nomoreballs Tue 06-Aug-13 16:48:40

I'm famous! Let me bask in my ball-hating glory!

HoikyPoiky Tue 06-Aug-13 17:41:09

...but will you be able to tell anyone in real life grin

At least you namechanged

Millais Wed 21-Aug-13 11:48:28

A few weeks ago we looked out and saw a small child in our garden. He was about 3 years old and just sitting crying by the fence. We went out and tried to find out name and where he'd come from- we have a high fence and locked gates but he wasn't speaking. The door bell rang and a frantic man was standing there asking if we had found his son. Apparently the older brothers had lowered him over the back fence to get a ball and then the plan had failed as the fence is higher on our side as the lane at the back is banked. We didn't recognise them as they were just visiting people behind us. grin
We did throw the ball back too.

Misspixietrix Wed 21-Aug-13 13:23:52

YABU. I do the same as FlatMum when I go to the put the rubbish out in the Evening I throw them back over. Or if they have asked me once I tell them to help themselves any time. The Neighbours do the same if mine accidently throw one over ~

PresidentServalan Wed 21-Aug-13 13:41:58

We had small children next door, one of which was football mad but he managed not to do that. Just explain that if any more come over the fence you will burst them/throw them in the bin. The children shouldn't be coming to your door or going into your garden if you don't want them to, you have a right to enjoy your property without that happening.

PresidentServalan Wed 21-Aug-13 13:50:08

Weiss - love the rolling it in dog shit idea! grin also the OP saying that neighbours allowed their cat to shit in their garden - unlike children, cats can't be taught not to do it!

SE13Mummy Wed 21-Aug-13 14:48:53

Our DCs have avoided playing with balls in the garden so as to avoid any wayward balls landed in the garden of poo that was the other side of our fence.

12 years after moving in, we have new neighbours who are keen gardeners and have transformed the poo garden into a beautifully green lawn. However, the beautiful garden now gets used. All day, and most of the night too, by loud, expletive-using older teenagers/young adults. Most of the time they are playing pool but they also play football too.

As a result we've had a few leather footballs land in our garden - balls that have been returned when we've spotted them. More worrying than the leather footballs is the pool ball that came flying into our garden (over a 6ft fence). We had been inside at the time to avoid the foul language and skunk so neither of our young DCs were at risk of being injured, thankfully. One of the guys came round and asked for the pool ball back which DH fetched...I'd have had more to say about their playing skill/lack of angry.

LayMizzRarb Wed 21-Aug-13 14:49:53

Cats can be taught not to shit in your garden. Wait until they have dug up your newly planted bulbs, and squatting above the hole. Then point the hose at them.
They soon learn, after 3 or 4 soakings!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now