to think that "Fast-track" is just paying to push in?

(211 Posts)
Scholes34 Wed 31-Jul-13 17:13:52

Just that, really. After spending a day with four kids at Alton Towers and a lot of time in various queues, is fast-track really just paying to push in?

Yes it is. That is why people pay it

shaggyrogers Wed 31-Jul-13 17:15:29

Yes but much better than waiting 1 1/2 hours to go on a ride!

ISeeSmallPeople Wed 31-Jul-13 17:15:51

Yes.

Sirzy Wed 31-Jul-13 17:16:02

It is, but given how busy those places are I would pay for fast track if it meant I wasn't spending the day in queues!

I assume they have some sort of system to ensure the normal queues keep moving aswell though!

MalcolmTuckersMum Wed 31-Jul-13 17:16:19

Fast Track. Clue's in the name.

kinkyfuckery Wed 31-Jul-13 17:16:30

Yes, it essentially is "paying to push in". Either pay it if you want to push in, or if you don't want to push in, don't pay it!

AmandaPandtheTantrumofDoom Wed 31-Jul-13 17:17:32

Yes. They give away so many free tickets to these places one way and another on cereal boxes and the like that they have to make the money up somewhere.

It is paying to jump the queue and it's pretty much a mandatory element of the charges now for most families. And families on a budget wait longer because of the queue jumpers.

After a day at Lego Land we vowed never again.

Isn't it more like paying to have someone else queue for you?

AmandaPandtheTantrumofDoom Wed 31-Jul-13 17:18:30

Hope - There are various versions. LEGOLAND had about three IIRC. The basic was what you say. The higher versions actually jump the queue.

kim147 Wed 31-Jul-13 17:19:12

I think you can get people to do that for you in Disney Land.

A bit like priority boarding.

Groovee Wed 31-Jul-13 17:19:22

We used it when we went with the kids who were too small. It meant we didn't have to fanny about waiting on dh to ride his big rides. He got a set time to ride and we rode something else which had a shorter queuing time.

I also bought the express passes at Universal. It was worth it to not have to queue forever.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Wed 31-Jul-13 17:20:09

yup <unhelpful>

Groovee Wed 31-Jul-13 17:20:43

In Disney you can get free fastpasses which you get by using your park ticket.

Well I never! The Legoland here (Germany) only has the queue-for-you one, though we've never used it as we've only been out of season. I thought though that it seemed like a very good idea.
Not sure about paying to actually queue-jump though...

AmandaPandtheTantrumofDoom Wed 31-Jul-13 17:23:53

here

Sounds like you just have regular!

yep we did it on the London Eye - was great <runs away>

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 31-Jul-13 17:28:04

Yes it is. What's your point?

shock shock shock shock at those PRICES!!!

Yep, I've just paid an extra £90 for Legoland QBots for the kids and DP for our holiday, queuing sucks.

Scholes34 Wed 31-Jul-13 17:33:51

It makes an already expensive day - regardless of what discounts you might have on entry - more expensive. More of Cameron's "we're all in this together" take on life. And yes, I do see that it's AT's way of getting more money out of you.

Yes, but you don't have to do it.

Either grit your teeth, pay the extra and "push in"

Or grit your teeth, don't pay the extra and queue.

It's not a conspiracy theory is it? It's a choice. An option.
Do it or don't.

AmandaPandtheTantrumofDoom Wed 31-Jul-13 17:43:13

I think what grates is that for every person pushing in, your own queue gets longer.

So you join a queue that is 30 minutes long when you join it, but takes an hour because of all the pushing in.

shaggyrogers Wed 31-Jul-13 17:47:04

I don't really think you can blame Cameron for fastrack!!

AmandaPandtheTantrumofDoom Wed 31-Jul-13 17:47:37

I blame him for a fair amount, and even I agree on that grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now