To have told my sister not to leave her baby behind when she goes on her honeymoon?

(230 Posts)
Callmecordelia Wed 31-Jul-13 14:00:57

My nephew is nearly 3 months old, and is a delightful, thriving baby. I get on well with my sister, and she is a great Mum.

She is getting married next year when DN will be about 15 months. We are all helping out with jobs to keep wedding costs down.

Last week, dsis announced she had found dream honeymoon to Bali, and my DPs and the baby's other grandparents would share childcare for two weeks. The two sets of grandparents live about four hours apart, with sister living roughly midway. My parents reacted with fairly understated horror. I told her she was unreasonable, and should modify her expectations. Thought she would see sense, although the face she pulled at the idea of Mark Warner made me think she hadn't listened.

Spoke again this morning. Now the idea seems to be Turkey for a week, leaving baby behind still. This time I was not so polite. I told her that she was being completely unreasonable, the separation anxiety would be awful and she could not leave her child behind. That our parents are exhausted by 2 days with my toddler, who they know very well, and had she considered she would miss her baby?

She was crying when we rang off. I feel bad for raining on her parade.

WIBU?

lottieandmia Thu 01-Aug-13 18:39:07

I've only read the OP but YABU! 15 months is absolutely fine to be left with grandparents. If the grandparents have agreed then it's really none of your business and you sound s bit jealous tbh.

bellablot Thu 01-Aug-13 19:02:22

Erm, failing to see what it's got to do with you, why are you interfering?

I can sense a little bit of the green eyed monster!

Branleuse Thu 01-Aug-13 19:10:26

im so shocked. what a complete busybody you are. your poor sister.

JamieandtheMagicTorch Thu 01-Aug-13 19:39:44

If you rtft you will see that THE OP HAS APOLGISED ANd ALL IS OK

exoticfruits Thu 01-Aug-13 21:25:29

You do have to read more than the OP ,lottie-things move on! OP cleared things up ages ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now