...to pay to have my cooker cleaned?

(46 Posts)
MrsSippy Tue 30-Jul-13 20:09:20

It's bloomin' horrible and I just don't want to do it, and no bugger else will do it for me.

WIBU to scour the yellow pages rather than the cooker???

I pay someone to decorate, someone to do the windows, someone to mow the lawn and someone to clean the oven.

These are all chores I have never done before and have no desire to start now.

My pay back is never being able to afford a holiday...

willyoulistentome Tue 30-Jul-13 21:45:56

YANBU. I've had it done - it's like having a brand new oven. Well worth the money.

Must get it done again soon. It's filty.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Tue 30-Jul-13 21:45:28

£40 sounds like it would be worth it

Trigglesx Tue 30-Jul-13 21:44:25

H didn't think it was worth the money, but now we're separated, I'll be saving a bit of cash aside to get it done this autumn. grin It's one job I'm not willing to struggle with.

RibenaFiend Tue 30-Jul-13 21:44:03

...now I want my oven cleaned too!

TallulahBetty Tue 30-Jul-13 21:39:33

YANBU* whoops.

TallulahBetty Tue 30-Jul-13 21:38:59

YABU. It's a horrible job. In our local admag, there's a woman who will do it for £20. I am seriously considering it.

flipchart Tue 30-Jul-13 21:38:24

I have mine done twice a year at 35quid a go.

Worth it!

Plomino Tue 30-Jul-13 21:34:34

Absolutely do it . It is my most hated job over and above all others . Last time had I two nice young men on their hands and knees , and it was like new ! Well worth the £75 . It needs doing again now though . Personally we pay as many people as we can afford to get the stuff we either hate or are crap at done . If we can, and it gives someone else a living , why not ? We pay plumbers and electricians , it's just another trade .

PrincessKitKat Tue 30-Jul-13 21:31:40

I was so happy I took photos of my newly cleaned oven and sent them to my friends. I got back a picture of one friends new fridge and someone else's newly turfed lawn grin

We're getting old.

marriedinwhiteisback Tue 30-Jul-13 21:26:49

Why would you never have a cleaner or a window cleaner or a decorator? Do you enjoy those jobs? I can understand some people do and I also think it's a matter of scale.

nagynolonger Tue 30-Jul-13 21:13:20

I would never have a cleaner and we do all our own decorating and window cleaning. I do have my oven cleaned properly every 6 months. He even cleaned the BBQ last time (it had been left dirty from last summerblush). He charged £60 for the oven and the BBQ. From now on we pay or DH does it.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 30-Jul-13 21:04:07

Am I the only one that cleans my own oven? My mother would be proud she thinks I'm a complete slattern (she's mostly right).

I have a self cleaning oven and it's fan-bloody-tastic. Would never buy anything else grin

ThePinkOcelot Tue 30-Jul-13 20:59:54

I had a self cleaning oven and decided to do a clean one day. Put it on pyrolytic clean and it blew the elements! Wish I had left it dirty, either that or got someone in to do it. Ended up needing a new oven! Anyway I digress, yes go for it.

TangfasticMrFoxalastic Tue 30-Jul-13 20:54:03

Yanbu, I have a window cleaner and it's money well spent smile
Am also just about to book someone to come and clean a rug that ds has well and truly run rampant on

Yanbu. I was thinking of doing the same. The idea of getting on my hands and knees and breathing in the nuclear toxic fumes of ovenpride at 6 months pregnant isn't an appealing one.

Go for it.

Sparklingbrook Tue 30-Jul-13 20:50:30

Yes, he takes it out to the magic van. wink

Cocodale Tue 30-Jul-13 20:48:01

No never they do a far better job without any of those nasty chemical smells in your house.

valiumredhead Tue 30-Jul-13 20:45:18

Mine is self cleaning-does sod allhmm sad

But my next oven will be up high as I can't kneel down.

marriedinwhiteisback Tue 30-Jul-13 20:40:25

Mario does mine. 75 for a double oven twice a year. In my new house I'm having a catalytic self cleaning oven though and its above waist height so I won't have to get on my knees to give it a wipe over.

Sparklingbrook Tue 30-Jul-13 20:40:19

Ooh do it. It's £40 round here. It's like a new oven after-I nearly hugged the man.

valiumredhead Tue 30-Jul-13 20:38:50

Oven pride it's meant to be really bad for your oven, it leave 'pits' as it's so strong and so crud gets even more stuck to it.

cq Tue 30-Jul-13 20:35:16

Worth every penny.

And don't be embarrassed by the state of it - the man who does mine also gets to do lots of student ovens at end of tenancies. He said they're like that filthy house TV show.

miffybun73 Tue 30-Jul-13 20:32:09

YANBU if you've got the money to spare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now