Denist refusing to see dd

(30 Posts)
EeTraceyluv Tue 30-Jul-13 14:32:16

Dd7 had a check up booked for today at 1.45. We went out this morning and left in plenty of time to get back. Unfortunately there was an accident on our way back and we were held up. DH called the dentist and explained saying we would be slightly late. Got there 4 minutes late and the receptionist spent 4 minutes finding out if we could go up. They said she couldn't be seen as we were late so h got a little stressed and said 'last time we were here we waited three quarters of an hour to be seen!' Dentist wouldn't budge. AIBU to be astounded and appalled??

BoneyBackJefferson Tue 30-Jul-13 15:15:10

I have never ever ever, been seen on time for a dentists (or doctors) appointment, Even when I had the first appointment of the day I was seen 15 minutes after the time of the appointment.

YANBU.

AKiss you're a dentist aren't you? (IIRC)

I had an emergency turn up six bloody hours late

And they'd booked it the day before or same day (so not like they could forget)

And they expected to be seen <<Face Palm>>

yes, are you too 70?

Nope other end of the spectrum- Podiatrist.
Foot and Mouth grin

How I laughed when my previous dentist used to make this joke (with a syringe in his hand)

New dentist is too genteel to make 'dentist humour' and doesn't know what I do.

EeTraceyluv Wed 31-Jul-13 17:23:40

Well DH had a call today in response to my e mail - they are terribly sorry and are looking into it. We'll see what happens next.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now