to think a few days into the school holiday my house should not be sporting the just been burgled look?

(33 Posts)
Owllady Tue 30-Jul-13 10:01:22

sad

I am sick of picking up and tidying up
making food
unpacking bags of crap - my daughter is autistic (with sld) and just fills up bags with random crap, washing, shoes, bits of paper - anything
making beds, washing beds, being moaned at
why does the toilet smell more as well?
why is everything such a mess. It was fine last week

I am not even a tidy clean fraek

LaundryLegoLunch Wed 31-Jul-13 12:32:13

Ah me too! Stuff is everywhere. Cups, shoes, books, toys. It's bad enough from my 5 and 6 yr olds but on top I have a 20month toddler whose life mission is to rearrange our living space - toothbrush in the fridge, tin of beans on the sofa, jigsaw in the bath.

I think I need to just accept it. We've got some time away coming up and then it'll make the start of term even sweeter grin

ProudAS Wed 31-Jul-13 16:48:46

Look on the bright side - any passing burglar will think that someone has beaten them to it and move on.

Wonderstuff Wed 31-Jul-13 16:55:27

So glad it's not just me! I had a melt down about it yesterday blush

I have soo much washing, three loads yesterday and the bin is still full! As I tidy they create more. I was looking forward to getting the house straight in the hols (I teach) seems that was optimistic.

trice Wed 31-Jul-13 17:11:07

We all cleaned for two hours this morning before the cleaner came. She did two hours of energetic hoovering and wiping down. She has been gone two hours and I am looking at a lego mountain with towels and shoes and a half painted penguin.

I think I might move out until September!

McNewPants2013 Wed 31-Jul-13 21:04:02

I flipped in my house today, 2nd week in and my poor house has had a battering.

Sat down with a can now looking at a nice clean and tidy house.

No doubt when I come home from work it will be trashed again.

Maryann1975 Wed 31-Jul-13 21:11:32

The house was spotless, tidy and clean on the last day of term, which i think was 12 days ago. It looked ok last week, but although its kind of tidy, it is not clean. I could do it once everyone else is in bed, but I'm exhausted, why should I? I think I might make it a priority to put a wipe over the bathroom tomorrow, it is looking desperate in there. We have a bag filler here too. Why do they do it?

wasabipeanut Wed 31-Jul-13 21:18:18

Another bag filler here in the shape of DD. Bags and also her toy buggy under basket - I find all sorts of shit I there. Drives me nuts. I am one child down at the moment (DS1 staying with grand parents until Friday) and it is still a tip.

More people in the house and no time to tidy and clean it.

I must confess I struggle.

McNewPants2013 Wed 31-Jul-13 21:29:46

I don't know how my sister does it, but her house is always spotless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now