Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Is it ever physically impossible to breast feed?

(276 Posts)
ThePowerof3 Tue 30-Jul-13 06:44:06

I know that there can be a lot of mental barriers to breastfeeding but what are the physical ones? Is it ever possible for someone's milk not to come in?

wickeddevil Wed 31-Jul-13 17:35:23

I fed DC 1 and 2 very easily. They enjoyed it, I loved it and was lucky that I found it very easy. I could not for the life of me understand why people chose not to breast feed.

Roll on DC 3. She didnt actually seem to like it, she wriggled and jiggled and never seemed satisfied. I found this so hard, it felt like a rejection. We struggled on for 6 months because I was bloody minded enough, but to be honest it wasn't a pleasure and I was relieved to finally stop.

My point is I now know I should not have judged ff mothers without knowing their circumstances. I found out the hard way. I would urge others too to consider more and judge less.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now