Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To not fancy Brad Pitt or George Clooney and other cliches of our time

(162 Posts)
cushtie335 Sun 28-Jul-13 11:51:58

This is meant to be light-hearted and if you have an enormous crush on either (or both) of these fine actors, then fair play to you but am I alone in thinking that a lot of lazy, cliched chick lit presumes that just cos you're a heterosexual woman in your 40s you're automatically gagging for these two? Feel free to add your own most hated cliche, chick lit or otherwise.

ZingWidge Tue 30-Jul-13 10:02:35

and I'm happy with Gabriel Macht. he's all mine then. grin

jamdonut Tue 30-Jul-13 08:41:03

Seems I have the Muse boys all to myself then!! grin

everlong Tue 30-Jul-13 05:06:37

Thank god! Someone with taste grin

ever I've been thinking Dave grohl ll through this thread. Yum! The beard, the grunge, the gravelly voice <sigh>

runawaysimba Tue 30-Jul-13 04:44:14

DP and I both have massive crushes on Joel Kinnaman from (the American version of) The Killing. He is delicious. What DP doesn't know us that I watch YouTube videos of Kinnaman giving interviews in Swedish (he grew up there).
Related: Bradley Cooper giving interviews in French.
Zut alors. And whatever the Swedish equivalent is.

everlong Tue 30-Jul-13 03:53:31

Shame on you!

Nobody mentioned the beautiful one - Dave Grohl! Beats that Clooney one by a trillion miles.

ZingWidge Tue 30-Jul-13 02:26:00

actually I think YADBVU OP!

if less people fancied them less would pay to see their films and then all the slebs could not live in such luxury. maybe they would have to sell their 54th car!
or buy fewer diamonds
or downsize their homes
and that would be just cruel!
after all having only one poxy outdoor pool is just laughable!
grin

yerwan Mon 29-Jul-13 23:28:21

Viggo Mortenson and gulp the Hoff about twenty years ago

HarleyQuinn Mon 29-Jul-13 23:12:38

I have never fancied any of the cliched hot men, my first celeb crush was Kenneth Branagh

I adore Robert Downey jr, Karl Urban, Paul Rudd, Carlo Rota, Gary Oldman and I quite fancy Christoph Waltz as well, I do like older guys.

MissFenella Mon 29-Jul-13 22:53:21

I fancy the characters rather than the actors, I may make an exception for Jeffrey Dean Morgan or Steve McQueen, as long as they don't speak.

Punkatheart Mon 29-Jul-13 22:35:47

I am a Mr Big girl, labtest.

labtest Mon 29-Jul-13 22:32:17

Gilbert Blythe is my ultimate male. The highest evolution of the species. I love him. Second choice would be Smith from Sex And The City but only once he'd shaved his head. I barely noticed him with the long hair.

Nerfmother Mon 29-Jul-13 22:06:10

David beckham, with all his tats and unattractiveness, looks like he should be, in another life, sat on a blue chair with jezza Kyle shrieking at him.
None of the others are gorgeous - yes to Andy Garcia and Cary grant though.

mrsruffallo Mon 29-Jul-13 21:58:47

Paul Newman,- I mean, look here. I also love Mark Ruffallo (obviously)in The Kids Are Alright and You Can Count On Me.

mynameismskane Mon 29-Jul-13 21:27:15

I don't get why people like David Beckham - I find him so so odious. He is not even good looking - go away!

FayeKorgasm Mon 29-Jul-13 21:18:29

Has no one mentioned Eric Bana.

He is sooooo beautiful!

AmIthatHot Mon 29-Jul-13 20:48:07

Yes Zing. I was on the revenge thread. I cried over Padma. Poor Nolan

ZingWidge Mon 29-Jul-13 20:40:13

<waves to Amithathot>

I miss Revenge. Mondays are pointless now. sad
were you on the thread?

AmIthatHot Mon 29-Jul-13 20:02:34

Oh thanks, three more I like

Calvin Lovely Harris - gorgeous and has a weird taste in photos. And makes good looking omelettes

Richard Osman, but probably more as a drinking buddy. Think he would be like a big puppy dog

And oh yes please to Gabriel Mann. I saw him the Bourne film, and he was quite difficult to spot. He was the cause of my Revenge habit

....I've thought of a fourth actually. Iwan Thomas. He is funny and could laugh me into bed

LadyClariceCannockMonty Mon 29-Jul-13 12:08:56

Clooney is quite nice to look at but that's as much enthusiasm as I can muster.

Pitt: nah.

Depp: just looks like a tramp these days. A tramp in drag.

I think Fassbender's probably a bit thick.

Simm has a ferrety face and is a bit little – weird small hands etc. [irrational]

Gosling's eyes are too close together.

Don't fancy Michael Sheen but think he'd be a right laugh.

Paul Bettany is MINE. The most beautiful man.

I'd have Peter Capaldi but only as Malcolm Tucker.

Eddie Izzard is hawt as well.

Cumberbatch can come up and see me some time too, but with his natural gingery, tousled hair not the stupid little Sherlock ringlets.

ZingWidge Mon 29-Jul-13 11:56:19

OP

YABU
those two are gorgeous (although Brad could do with a skin transplant for his pockmarks)

If I had a "5 slebs you can kiss" list (I would not go further) two of them on that list would be Gabriel Mann and Gabriel Macht. for sure.

dubstarr73 Mon 29-Jul-13 11:47:38

Calvin Harris blush is really growing on me

freddiefrog Mon 29-Jul-13 11:23:05

I've never fancied Tom Cruise (even before he went weird)/Brad Pitt/George Clooney/Pierce Brosnan et all.

I have very weird tastes and like my crushes a bit dirty and rough looking - Slash from GnR, Jimmy Naill blush

Although Brad Pitt now he's older and doesn't look like he's washed for a while is growing on me, and Tom Cruise in Rock of Ages was a bit of a shocker

Solari Mon 29-Jul-13 11:17:23

themaltesefalcon I'm glad I'm not the only one! <highfive>

Embarrasingly, I adored Tom Selleck in the 80s. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now