Nutella is the best thing ever.

(60 Posts)
Forgetfulmog Sat 27-Jul-13 17:26:03

Isn't it? smile

FreudiansSlipper Sat 27-Jul-13 22:58:34

on fresh still warm bread it is the food of gods

i have a jar of whole earth natural organic chocolate spread it is not in the same league

PoppyWearer Sat 27-Jul-13 22:54:00

We were Nutella-aholics in this house until recently. Nutella and banana crepes are the nectar of the Gods, official.

BUT...We stopped our consumption of it due to a) palm oil and b) concerns raised by our dentist. Said she had heard of some problems with children's health if they ate too much, not nutrition, nasty stuff, not proven, but just cautioned me against it.

I have been experimenting with other brands such as Whole Earth but need to find out more about them.

Nutella and banana Popsicles are amazing.... Frozen bananas, blended, spoon into lolly moulds alternating with spoons of Nutella grin

cantsleep Sat 27-Jul-13 22:30:45

I have never tried nutella.

Got a jar delivered with my shopping this morning as dd1 wanted to try it.

Very tempted to go and have a spoonful now and see if it is as good as everybody says!

liquidstate Sat 27-Jul-13 22:16:52

The sainsburys belgian choc spread is a fave in our house. It melts beautifully. Unfortunately we can only afford the Nutella Aldi version though.

Some of these recipes sounds scrummy smile

EugenesAxe Sat 27-Jul-13 21:18:00

treacleturkey - no. I have boycotted.... even though I do love it.

So Green & Blacks has no palm oil? I hadn't realised; I might give that a go.

And just for the record - being part of the palm oil nice to nature club (whatever it's called) doesn't actually guarantee that your supplier is being nice to nature. It's something like Sustainable Action on Palm Oil. I Googled to see if it's a bit like the Fairtrade badge, and there are shortcomings with the accreditation too.

Crocodilehunter Sat 27-Jul-13 21:12:12

I bought a 700g jar and had to chuck the last 200g or so away because I was eating multiple spoonfuls a day (chubby) grin

Phatseau Sat 27-Jul-13 21:03:35

Regarding the palm oil, Ferrero have switched to using segregated, sustainsble palm oil for the production of Nutella in France, and aim to do this worldwide from next year.

wwf.panda.org/what_we_do/footprint/agriculture/palm_oil/?208296/nutella-switches-to-100-segregated-certified-sustainable-palm-oil

Good news!

SugarMiceInTheRain Sat 27-Jul-13 20:42:35

Nutella hot chocolate is amazing. Had it in France last year and since then have been making it regularly at home and getting through large jars of the stuff like there's no tomorrow! blush

Forgetfulmog Sat 27-Jul-13 20:41:00

Oooh those sound lush!

YonilyDevotedToYou Sat 27-Jul-13 20:36:59

Buy a new jar !! 300g Nutella, 125g flour, 1 egg, roll into balls, place on baking sheet, flatten, bake 7-9 mins at 170C, they are gorgeous smile

Forgetfulmog Sat 27-Jul-13 20:30:29

Yoni - no I haven't tried them bit too late now as there are only 2 spoonfuls left in the jar blush

raisah Sat 27-Jul-13 20:20:49

Chocolate philadelpia is very yummy!

NonnyMuss Sat 27-Jul-13 20:20:31

Pisses me off how they advertise it as having 3 whole hazelnuts, some skimmed milk and some cocoa (or words to that effect)... ignoring the oil and the sugar that make up the majority of the shite it.
Totally misleading and my kids think it's healthy so I am unreasonable mum for not having it in the house. angry

YonilyDevotedToYou Sat 27-Jul-13 20:18:35

Big question: have you all tried Nutella cookies? 3 ingredients, 10 mins prep and cooking, gorgeous yumminess?

Forgetfulmog Sat 27-Jul-13 20:15:38

Sounds good! Maybe with a caramel sauce over the top or is that overkill?

SarahStrattonIsBackForJustABit Sat 27-Jul-13 20:11:28

Oh no, I prefer crunchy. DDs are bringing a new supply back with them, I think I might try Lotus spread gelato next.

Forgetfulmog Sat 27-Jul-13 19:53:40

Sarahstratton - Nutella ice cream shock. Sounds amazing!

Has anyone made the Nigella Nutella Cake? That is seriously awesome.

I admit to have done some choc spread research (purely on a scientific basis of course grin) & have come to the conclusion that nothing comes close.

Although I agree that the Lotus spread is awesome - has to be smooth though.

Cakebaker35 Sat 27-Jul-13 19:52:48

Should be illegal it's so good

SarahStrattonIsBackForJustABit Sat 27-Jul-13 19:51:34

Isn't it oily though?

LifeIsSoDifferent Sat 27-Jul-13 19:37:01

I have never ever thought of Nutella hot chocolate I will be copying that idea!! Thank you

ChoudeBruxelles Sat 27-Jul-13 19:35:41

Aldi's own is nicer

ClaraOswald Sat 27-Jul-13 19:33:23

I have gone off Nutella recently.

SarahStrattonIsBackForJustABit Sat 27-Jul-13 19:25:32

Big teaspoonful, frozen on the teaspoon. Yum.

Iaintdunnuffink Sat 27-Jul-13 19:23:08

Yanbu

Wrap, spread Nutella over half, slice some banana, fold it over. Gently dry fry until warmed through.

One of my children makes a dip out of it for slices of apples. He puts a teaspoon ina small bowl with a small splash of milk, then heats it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now