Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Nutella is the best thing ever.

(60 Posts)
Forgetfulmog Sat 27-Jul-13 17:26:03

Isn't it? smile

Forgetfulmog Sat 27-Jul-13 20:41:00

Oooh those sound lush!

SugarMiceInTheRain Sat 27-Jul-13 20:42:35

Nutella hot chocolate is amazing. Had it in France last year and since then have been making it regularly at home and getting through large jars of the stuff like there's no tomorrow! blush

Phatseau Sat 27-Jul-13 21:03:35

Regarding the palm oil, Ferrero have switched to using segregated, sustainsble palm oil for the production of Nutella in France, and aim to do this worldwide from next year.

wwf.panda.org/what_we_do/footprint/agriculture/palm_oil/?208296/nutella-switches-to-100-segregated-certified-sustainable-palm-oil

Good news!

Crocodilehunter Sat 27-Jul-13 21:12:12

I bought a 700g jar and had to chuck the last 200g or so away because I was eating multiple spoonfuls a day (chubby) grin

EugenesAxe Sat 27-Jul-13 21:18:00

treacleturkey - no. I have boycotted.... even though I do love it.

So Green & Blacks has no palm oil? I hadn't realised; I might give that a go.

And just for the record - being part of the palm oil nice to nature club (whatever it's called) doesn't actually guarantee that your supplier is being nice to nature. It's something like Sustainable Action on Palm Oil. I Googled to see if it's a bit like the Fairtrade badge, and there are shortcomings with the accreditation too.

liquidstate Sat 27-Jul-13 22:16:52

The sainsburys belgian choc spread is a fave in our house. It melts beautifully. Unfortunately we can only afford the Nutella Aldi version though.

Some of these recipes sounds scrummy smile

cantsleep Sat 27-Jul-13 22:30:45

I have never tried nutella.

Got a jar delivered with my shopping this morning as dd1 wanted to try it.

Very tempted to go and have a spoonful now and see if it is as good as everybody says!

Nutella and banana Popsicles are amazing.... Frozen bananas, blended, spoon into lolly moulds alternating with spoons of Nutella grin

PoppyWearer Sat 27-Jul-13 22:54:00

We were Nutella-aholics in this house until recently. Nutella and banana crepes are the nectar of the Gods, official.

BUT...We stopped our consumption of it due to a) palm oil and b) concerns raised by our dentist. Said she had heard of some problems with children's health if they ate too much, not nutrition, nasty stuff, not proven, but just cautioned me against it.

I have been experimenting with other brands such as Whole Earth but need to find out more about them.

FreudiansSlipper Sat 27-Jul-13 22:58:34

on fresh still warm bread it is the food of gods

i have a jar of whole earth natural organic chocolate spread it is not in the same league

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now