To have spent months wondering why so many MNers are called Tia?

(49 Posts)
papercliphoarder Fri 26-Jul-13 21:42:17

Just worked it out. What a muppet.

Onesleeptillwembley Fri 26-Jul-13 22:16:36

Dp thought Lol was short for Laura, as his dd Laura put it in texts.

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Fri 26-Jul-13 22:18:05

Mrs Rajesh, it can, depending on which socio-economic group you belong to.

Ah, you've lost me..!

confused

grin

QuintessentiallyOhDear Fri 26-Jul-13 22:19:34

And here I was thinking DTD was doing the deed and UCL was in fact University College London.

Not sure how I feel about having graduated from the other UCL.... hmm Or what that even means! shock

MammaTJ Fri 26-Jul-13 22:21:38

My DD2 is called Tia,meaning Princess and she loves the threads that end in her name!!

MammaTJ Fri 26-Jul-13 22:24:25

Wilf is actually an MNers son, kind of our mascot as he has SN and is overcoming them to the Nth degree, he is awesome!!

Fakebook Fri 26-Jul-13 22:30:04

When I was younger, I used to think Anon was the most famous poet in the world and used to wonder how she wrote so many poems in so many books. grin

papercliphoarder Fri 26-Jul-13 22:34:00

I'm oddly pleased that you assumed Anon was a "she" smile

makingdoo Fri 26-Jul-13 22:51:16

Oh me too!

I still think DTD is doing the deed!

Off to read the guidelines now!

[Disclaimer: I did know about Wilf so I'm not too bad]

GrumpyRedhead Fri 26-Jul-13 23:17:20

Is it not AITCH at the end of the roundup?

chipmonkey Fri 26-Jul-13 23:21:10

Wilf is absolutely-blumming-wonderful!

chipmonkey Fri 26-Jul-13 23:22:28

Grumpy, the letter a the end of round-up is P! <<<shakes head at the decline in literacy>>>>

EweHaveGoatToBeKiddin Fri 26-Jul-13 23:27:21

Yes! It's AITCH i never understand not AFAIK (which i now know the meaning of).

And Wilf sounds like a splendid lad indeed. I thought it was something to do with a wife and must have imagined loads of posters using the 'wilf acronym'.

BumpAndGrind Fri 26-Jul-13 23:28:12

I thought that too, only figured it out about a month ago...i've been here 2 years blush

AhoyMcCoy Sat 27-Jul-13 02:33:08

Ah- AITCH is the name of the poster who writes the round up. Afaik it doesn't stand for anything, except the pronounciation of "H".

AgentZigzag Sat 27-Jul-13 02:45:05

Hahahaha I thought exactly the same, and actually asked the OP of a thread why she said she'd just joined MN when I was sure I'd seen her posting her name after the OP before grin

I've just looked and it was quite a sensitive thread, so I'm glad I didn't go steaming in and only tentatively asked WTF??

I felt a right plonker afterwards grin

Dtd is doing the deed isnt it? A couple of weeks before posters write "bump" grin
Else what does it stand for?

PollyPlummer Sat 27-Jul-13 18:35:36

grin I used to think there were posters were called yanbu (pronounced yanboo) and yabu (yaboo) I dont always notice peoples nn, and just thought they were on here a lot.

I also thought there was a poster called Tia blush

It took me ages to work out why some posters just put a . and nothing else. I thought they had done it accidentally.

Footface Sat 27-Jul-13 18:55:35

You are not alone,

Firstly I though, wow people don't normally put their names.

Then I thought bloody hell, how many post us Tia going to do

Then the penny dropped

EllesAngel Sat 27-Jul-13 19:07:24

grin stealth

On here dtd could also mean dear/darling twin daughter, although I have read it in the past as doing the deed.

Ahhhh of coursesl. I did know that.thx

Thats a thankswith a little kiss for anyone who is puzzled grin

chipmonkey Sun 28-Jul-13 01:31:13

When someone is new and they say dd10, I always want to wade in and say "You have ten daughters?"

Being a doofus why would anyone want to shorten "No" to "NN"??? confused
have just read entire list and blush at the number of acronyms that I didn't know existed on MN

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now