To want to maim the next person who starts a conversation about the fucking royals?

(54 Posts)
filee777 Thu 25-Jul-13 16:18:48

It's driving me up the wall

WineNot Thu 25-Jul-13 18:40:57

grin olidusUrsus

LadyBryan Thu 25-Jul-13 18:47:12

YANBU to not be interested.

YABU unreasonable to expect other people to not want to talk about what interests them.

I can only assume the "royalists are a nasty bunch" was a tongue in cheek comment and not a massive generalisation

Fillyjonk75 Thu 25-Jul-13 19:05:26

A lot of people talk about things I'm not interested in or hate. I just change the subject asap or walk away. People have different interests and views, it doesn't make you a superior person if you are anti-Royal. What has annoyed me is how angry some people have got about others celebrating the birth, "Why should we care about it...blah blah?" Getting angry rather suggests you do care.

I think very carefully about most issues and sometimes side with a majority view and sometimes a minority one. It doesn't make me a sheep to agree with the majority view on something.

Some people are so automatically cynical and pessimistic and constantly having to prove (to themselves mainly) that they are alternative, non-conformist etc. Which can actually be pretty dull and draining for others.

ToysRLuv Thu 25-Jul-13 19:27:02

Is it really that alternative and cynical to want real democracy and equality? It's so boring and dull.. rrright. Gotcha. Sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now