Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think this couple are weirdos?

(42 Posts)
megsmouse Thu 25-Jul-13 09:13:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sounds like she was okay with you until she got a boyf, could this boyfriend be controlling considering you haven't heard from her since? Could he be the one putting her up to making all these complaints?

Seems odd things have changed since she aquired a boyf

imnotmymum Fri 26-Jul-13 08:13:31

How do you know he uses drugs ...you been spying megs!

megsmouse Fri 26-Jul-13 08:22:13

WeleaseWodger Fri 26-Jul-13 08:23:27

You are just guessing it's them, though. Since HA don't tell you the source, how do you know it's not a number of neighbours? Your next door neighbour complaining about the dog, her complaining about burying dead rodents in a communal garden? (By the way, that would really bother me too. You say you didn't leave a mark in the garden, so you probably didnt burry it so deep that a fox or a dog wouldn't dig it up. )

Wowserz129 Fri 26-Jul-13 08:23:46

To be honest I used to live in flats with shared gardens and to be honest I wouldn't be too chuffed if someone just decided to bury their dead pet in their without asking the other people who shared the garden. Rubbish being left out and not put in the actual bin would annoy me as well. She might well be a weirdo and if I was her I probably wouldn't of complained because its too much hassle. Having said that though I would just go up and ask her? If you don't clear the air there will just be tension from now onwards.

VulvaVoom Fri 26-Jul-13 08:24:48

Some people/neighbours are just weird. I think I've posted this before on a neighbour thread but think it illustrates how people lose perspective.

My brother was diagnosed with Leukaemia at 16 and 2 days later a VERY apologetic council lady came round to say that our neighbours were making a complaint about the noise of my Dad emptying our fire and saying it was cracking their fireplace, they knew what was going on.

My Mum and Dad were at the hospital with DB, so I had to deal with it. I think they could have a) come round themselves before and mentioned it or b) phone and cancel the council visiting for the time being? confused

RussianBlu Fri 26-Jul-13 13:08:51

You say she clearly doesn't like you. What makes you think that? One minute she is having tea and cake with you and asking you to take in her parcels, the next she has someone move in with her and the strange things begin to happen. Has she actually spoken to you/given you funny looks? I think she may either not know about any of it or is being told what to do.

megsmouse Fri 26-Jul-13 13:22:59

megsmouse Fri 26-Jul-13 13:24:24

OnIlkelyMoorBahtat Fri 26-Jul-13 13:47:09

I can't get over the fact she thought it reasonable to tell you when you can and can't use the communal garden.

VulvaVoom Fri 26-Jul-13 15:50:04

Nope they knew megs, they we're just wrapped up in worrying about their blessed fireplace!

Groovee Fri 26-Jul-13 16:06:50

Does her bedroom over look the garden? Just wondering if she wanted noisy sex without you hearing.

phantomnamechanger Fri 26-Jul-13 16:09:10

is it only you and her who share the garden - that's the bit I don't get - or has she told everyone else in your block not to use the garden too? How come only her flat looks over the garden - how many flats are there in the block?

as for knowing about the hamster of course she did not go dig it up! she knew you had one, saw you burying something - it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together and get 4.

I wonder whether the garden thing is not about them not wanting to see you out there, but about not wanting YOU to see what they are up to - ie DTD in view of the windows or maybe even a drug factory???

phantomnamechanger Fri 26-Jul-13 16:09:40

x post with groovee

megsmouse Fri 26-Jul-13 16:21:48

Groovee Sat 27-Jul-13 09:46:10

I definitely think she wants noisy sex! grin

Eilidhbelle Sat 27-Jul-13 10:06:35

It's really annoying and petty.....but in the nicest possible way, you have done all the things you've been accused of. I wouldn't be happy about someone burying a hamster in the communal garden. I also wouldn't be happy with someone smoking drugs out there though, so YWNBU to report that. I suppose it depends on what outcome you're looking for - if it goes tit for tat then it could go on forever, so it might be easier to write her off as someone you won't get on with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now