Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

TidyDancer's bridezilla thread part 2

(1000 Posts)
TidyDancer Wed 24-Jul-13 23:22:54

New thread. smile

JerseySpud Wed 24-Jul-13 23:46:10

wanders in

Ooooooo

bookmarks

McBalls Wed 24-Jul-13 23:48:27

Look, I could bullet-point all the ways your request is completely inappropriate but A) you have more important things to be thinking about right now and B) although I'm thoroughly taken aback by this I have no desire to further embarrass you.
I'm quite sure, once the excitement of the wedding has died down, you'll see that your request was very ill-advised.
No, I won't be available to help decorate but hope your day is wonderful.

onedev Wed 24-Jul-13 23:49:26

I still can't believe her nerve - brutal honesty is required!

Ezio Wed 24-Jul-13 23:50:47

Shameless place marking.

nobeer Wed 24-Jul-13 23:51:33

Hell's bells, she's got more front than Blackpool. I had to scroll up on the last thread to see Talkative Jim's suggestion, and I cannot believe that was her reply!

I think Sylvanian families or obscene bunting is the only way forward. Or maybe a combo of the both. You could have some serious fun with this.

NatashaBee Wed 24-Jul-13 23:52:00

Very classy, McBalls! I still hope OP does the Sylvanian family idea though

MissFenella Wed 24-Jul-13 23:53:09

Just send her this, no need for anything else
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoXfiSU_wqE

Lioninthesun Wed 24-Jul-13 23:56:42

I think 'saving the date' would get the message across, she won't dare question you, surely? <repeats favoured post to mark place> smile

RenterNomad Wed 24-Jul-13 23:57:30

"hahaha... enough now!" could do it?

Shamelessly marking my spot and hoping Tidy send the bride a link to the other thread along with what glue are you on?

HepsibarCrinkletoes Thu 25-Jul-13 00:04:35

Pobblewhohasnotoes Thu 25-Jul-13 00:05:34

Point out to her that with a save the date card, the clue is in the name.

Is decorating the venue meant to be some sort of consolation prize?

You need to be blunt. She's clearly a twat.

SarahAndFuck Thu 25-Jul-13 00:06:05

So this was her reply to you:

Here it is:

"I'm really sorry, I thought we'd talked about this...

I couldn't invite everyone from the save the date list so I'm sorry you and [DP's name] can't come.

I'd still really appreciate your help with decorations etc. Is there any chance you can do it?

Please? smile smile smile

F"

That's it, names removed to protect the innocent!

And now you need to respond again. Or perhaps ignore her completely and leave her wondering.

Is it worth sending her this link, which includes this quote "Because save the date cards are a relatively new wedding tradition, the rules of etiquette for them are still being written. It is certain, though, that you must make sure every person who gets a save the date card also gets an invitation."

I think you might be as well to be blunt about it now.

I am sorry if I wasn't clear before. I was hoping that you might realise just how rude you are being without me having to spell it out to you.

You cannot send someone a save the date card, then fail to invite them to your wedding and then expect them to arrange childcare and put in time and effort to do you a wedding related favour.

I understand that this is your wedding and you have every right to invite whoever you wish to attend, but I am shocked that you cannot appreciate just how rude you are now being in expecting me to help you organise a wedding you chose not to invite me to, and I am saddened as to what this says about the way you view our friendship.

dontlaugh Thu 25-Jul-13 00:06:25

Why, Bride, you want me to hang bunting?
And don't see your request is a bit cunting?
Be off with you now,
You're being a cow,
And may your honeymoon be filled with much grunting.

I'm going with the limericks, can you tell?

Pobblewhohasnotoes Thu 25-Jul-13 00:09:46

There was a young girl called bridezilla
Who was a right proper friendship killer
She sent save the dates
So her friends could decorate
Because she was a twat

The last line needs more work.

MammaTJ Thu 25-Jul-13 00:12:29

The last line is actually perfect. grin

JollyHolidayGiant Thu 25-Jul-13 00:13:55

Dear F

I will not be helping you decorate the hall. I am also terminating our friendship. Please do not contact me again. Have a nice life.

Tidy

Dear F
Off
Love
TD

Or
Dear F
I do think it would be more appropriate to get someone who is welcome at your wedding to assist.
Best wishes
TD

Hissy Thu 25-Jul-13 00:15:27

Hurrah! A new thread..

<waits>

CalamityKate Thu 25-Jul-13 00:16:02

So.....is she genuinely under the impression that STD cards mean "Save This Date On Your Calendar In Case We Decide To Invite You To The Wedding" rather than "You Are Invited To Our Wedding, This Is The Date But We Don't Have A Time Or Venue Yet"?

magentastardust Thu 25-Jul-13 00:18:14

Can I get a link to first thread pls!

TalkativeJim Thu 25-Jul-13 00:18:36

A relatively serious one:

'Yes, we had talked about it. However I was so dumbfounded at the utter cheek of your request that I actually felt I had to check I hadn't got it wrong: it was the only reasonable explanation I could think of. Your email seems to confirm that you have no idea how massively rude and self-centred this exchange has shown you to be. As for decorating: to coin a phrase, I thought we'd already talked about that. The answer's no. Maybe ask one of your really close friends? That would certainly be more appropriate.'

LucieLucie Thu 25-Jul-13 00:19:24

Balloonslayer's 1st suggestion in part 1 spelling out her rudeness is the best way to go IMO.
That response would make it crystal clear to bridezilla that she is in the wrong for bad ettiquette and brass neck and that you are not just being petty and unhelpful just to spite her for the non invite.

Mimishimi Thu 25-Jul-13 00:20:24

Did she actually respond or was that just a scenario for a likely response?

purplewithred Thu 25-Jul-13 00:21:06

Link to original thread please! I am planning my wedding and looking for bridezillla tips.

This thread is not accepting new messages.