To call in sick because I just can't face it

(26 Posts)
Lj8893 Wed 24-Jul-13 21:29:54

I posted a thread yesterday regarding how tiring and stressful my work is at the moment. I literally feel like I'm doing the work of 3 people!

Today wasent much better. I am completely mentally and physically exhausted and can really feel like I'm overdoing it, all my joints ache and my bump (26 weeks).

I don't like letting people down, and I hate phoning in sick unless I'm literally on my deathbed.

However I seriously feel like I need a couple days rest. Would I be unreasonable to phone in sick just because I feel like this?

Alohomora Thu 25-Jul-13 14:23:45

Sounds a bit like my work situation - I wouldn't feel guilty at all, it really depends on your GP but a few women I know were in a similar situation and were told to take sick leave by their GP.

If, however, you would feel so guilty that being at home would be more stressful than relaxing I'd just see about getting your duties changed and ask for more breaks and chances to sit-down. There's no point in being at home if you don't actually benefit from it because you feel bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now