to want to flip out over this

(27 Posts)
thinkimlosing Wed 24-Jul-13 21:27:44

Hi, this is my first mn post but really need some opinions here before I lose it...my p has let shown my 2.4 yr old a clip of gremlins today, the bit where one of them explodes in the microwave - I'm absolutely livid that he thinks this is an ok thing to do and am worried that this will damage my ds and desentitise him to violence. I'm overreacting apparently.So as not to drip feed we are barely on speaking terms and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to leave him, but would really like some unbiased thoughts on this. Thanks

Altinkum Thu 25-Jul-13 08:48:43

One persons boundaries is another's, I have no problem with my sons watching films that are "deemed" too old for them, because frankly they know films are make believe, they know that iron man etc.... are all make believe, however they still have fun pretending they are goin to save the world.

You have went way OTT, in you're reaction.

I don't think he's an irresponsible parent because your son watched a 3 min clip of a gremlin in a microwave, most children like things exploding.

Altinkum Thu 25-Jul-13 08:50:48

I never once said you didn't have a right to be worried, however I don't think this incident really falls in with him being irresponsible to the point his judgement is putting your son in danger.

It's just a difference in opinion and parenting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now