To throw away every bloody sock in my house and just buy a load of communal black ones?

(30 Posts)
chickensaladagain Tue 23-Jul-13 12:25:40

I am drowning in odd socks
Matching them up is a nightmare

Dds and I all wear the same size

Does it sound like a plan?

teaforthree Tue 23-Jul-13 14:54:54

Wear odd socks? Much easier, quicker and cheaper!

justmyview Tue 23-Jul-13 15:05:35

I've always done this and assumed everyone else did too. M&S school socks, blue or black. About 5 pairs for £5.

RussianBlu Wed 24-Jul-13 01:44:22

That is a very clever idea indeed.

NoComet Wed 24-Jul-13 01:50:18

I'm bannishing plain black socks and replacing them with coloured toes and soles.

Thus DD2 can't complain DD1 has stretched hers and DH can't end up with one new next and one old M&S sock ie a pair that looked ok at dawn, but don't at midday.

MissMarplesBloomers Wed 24-Jul-13 14:55:51

With 2 teen DD's & me I despaired of the sock situation too till Ihad a brainwave one day.

Now I have a small drying rack in the hall cupboard where the boiler is. Residual warmth helps dry the socks as they come out of the wash.

I got a big plastic lidded storage tub which sits on the shelf behind the rack. As wet ones are put out, paired ones are bundled together & put in storage box for us all to use.

Odd ones are put to the back to await their twin, after a few weeks if still odd they are binned which always brings the spare feckers out of hiding dammit

It's our Sock Orphanage grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now