Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To want to name my DS whatever I want?

(30 Posts)
K8DOC Tue 23-Jul-13 10:33:41

DS was born yesterday and I'm resting up and about to go home later today. DH is being lovely and is now taking two weeks paternity leave.

The thing is, it feels as though we have to do what people say. I really love the name Tyler but everyone is saying no and are gunning for George.

I know people on here talk about controlling grandparents but it's the Great-Grandmother that's the problem here. As soon as DS was born, DH HAD to tell her first. I didn't even get to call my mother first.

Also everyone seems to want to know every detail of what's going on. I don't know if it was just the pregnancy hormones talking but I felt as though the whole world was watching me when I was PG. It's probably just me being paranoid.

So what do I do, do I stand by my name choices or go with what's traditional and do what GGM says?

missesjellybean Tue 23-Jul-13 11:37:22

pmsl took me way too long to realise this was a joke! grin grin grin grin grin grin

FeckOffCup Tue 23-Jul-13 11:58:39

I wouldn't worry too much about what you name your DS, you won't exactly be using the name much once you hand him over to the royally approved nanny to be raised ready to take over his Kingdom will you? You'll be lucky if you see him once a day.

I don't envy Kate right now either, I wouldn't trade all the money and priviledge she has for the simple everyday pleasures of raising a child, nice trips to the park and meeting friends for a coffee while the kids play without being hounded by the paps and judged if you have a hair out of place.

Kleinzeit Tue 23-Jul-13 14:29:46

The only person you really need to convince is your DH. How about a middle name as a compromise with great-granny? “Tyler George Saxe-Coburg Gotha” goes rather nicely.

Boosterseat Tue 23-Jul-13 15:49:32

Kong, its perfect. forget Klay or Kanye.

King Kong.

You know you want too.

Apileofballyhoo Tue 23-Jul-13 22:46:20

King Kong. Brilliant. That really made me laugh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now