to be disappointed that royal baby is a boy

(268 Posts)
Madmum24 Mon 22-Jul-13 22:48:04

I know IABU, baby is healthy etc, but for some reason I really thought it would be a girl.

I don't know what has got into me, I am certainly not a royalist but I have been so interested in the birth.

LadyMilfordHaven Mon 22-Jul-13 22:48:22

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Mon 22-Jul-13 22:49:36

Gender disappointment in a complete stranger's child. A bit OTT, no?

ImNotBloody14 Mon 22-Jul-13 22:49:42

Odd response from a supposed lady hmm

I was diappointed too- i was hoping for a girl aswell

NewNameForNewTerm Mon 22-Jul-13 22:50:04

Glad its a healthy child - wonderful news. But part of me would have liked it to be girl to start the new accession laws.

VonHerrBurton Mon 22-Jul-13 22:50:10

Donn't be silly. For goodness sake.

MalcolmTuckersMum Mon 22-Jul-13 22:51:03

In what way does the gender if the child affect your life? If you can show some adverse effects then I am happy to concede that you are, in fact, not being unreasonable.

Zynzong Mon 22-Jul-13 22:51:05

I am as well. Now it'll be King, King, King, and the shift in the thinking and the laws will just be 'lost' in the practicality that the new law is irrelevant.

magimedi Mon 22-Jul-13 22:51:17

I too would have liked it to be a girl - just for the accession laws.

But pleased all is well.

LadyMilfordHaven Mon 22-Jul-13 22:51:26

how insulting to all of the mothers of boys
OP you should be ashamed

BiscuitDunker Mon 22-Jul-13 22:51:34

If you know yabu then why post? Its pointless,irrelevant and nobody cares if you're "disappointed" that's its a boy just because you thought it would be a girl! You were wrong. Diddums. Go put it as your facebook status or something...

LadyMilfordHaven Mon 22-Jul-13 22:51:56

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MogTheForgetfulCat Mon 22-Jul-13 22:52:29

Don't the new accession laws apply only to this baby, though? It's not like it would have been spearheading a revolution in primogeniture, is it?

As it's someone else's baby, I don't mine either way <gracious>

MalcolmTuckersMum Mon 22-Jul-13 22:53:01

shock

What a stupid, stupid attitude!

MamaMary Mon 22-Jul-13 22:53:41

I too, would have liked it to have been a girl blush

Again for the succession law to be implemented.

However, I'm delighted for them.

Zynzong Mon 22-Jul-13 22:53:41

ImNotBloody14 Mon 22-Jul-13 22:53:52

Wow people are nasty tonight!

Im the mother of boys- im not offended. Btw why is it offensive just to the mothers of boys? Why not the boys themselves or their fathers? Another odd comment

NewNameForNewTerm Mon 22-Jul-13 22:54:16

Nothing to do with insulting mothers of boys, just looking forwards to a time when a first born girl can inherit the throne and do away with the archaic laws whereby the only time a girl (second rate royal citizen) becomes queen is if there are no boys available.

LadyMilfordHaven Mon 22-Jul-13 22:54:23

i dont think the boys are reading mumsnet at almost 11 pm

NoComet Mon 22-Jul-13 22:54:45

Me too, but I have a soft spot for DDs.

BabyMakesMyEyesGoSleepy Mon 22-Jul-13 22:55:07

YABU. I've no great interest in the royal baby but I'm glad all went well for them.

Tobagostreet Mon 22-Jul-13 22:55:42

????

Can't believe you are disappointed about someone else's baby not being a girl, but glad you at least know that YABU.

Quite surprised that others agree somewhat.

Imagine being in hospital, having just given birth to a whopper of a baby and hearing that people are disappointed in its sex sad.

(Not that I imagine that Kate will be reading the AIBU threads today, but you get the gist).

Give yourself a shake and get over it.

ImNotBloody14 Mon 22-Jul-13 22:55:48

Umm many men read mumsnet. Men who were once boys.

GoSuckEggs Mon 22-Jul-13 22:55:57

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now