to not care at all about the royal baby?

(67 Posts)
lu9months Mon 22-Jul-13 21:05:39

i wish them well as i would any new parents. but really. its a child, as wonderful as any other new baby. i find it obscene the extent to which they are venerated and exalted. sorry. just how i feel.

JumpingJackSprat Mon 22-Jul-13 21:28:55

Royalty is totally outdated. i doubt there will be such a thing by the time he gets anywhere near the throne.

Moxiegirl Mon 22-Jul-13 21:29:34

I don't care and have already deleted a few irritations from fb grin

lu9months Mon 22-Jul-13 21:29:47

absolutely eatyouwithaspoon - just been reading the observer food monthly about a single mum's blog on how she managed to feed her 3 year old son decent meals on £10 a week - because she couldn't bear to keep giving him a single Weetabix mixed with water...i know i am being naïve, but this is 2013 not the middle ages, it doesn't make any sense to me.

TigerSwallowTail Mon 22-Jul-13 21:31:10

serving, 57k? That is just ridiculous.

ilovesooty Mon 22-Jul-13 21:31:50

I have rather mixed feelings about William claiming the paternity pay. I know he's entitled to it, but...

WineNot Mon 22-Jul-13 21:31:53

Unfortunately life isn't fair and inequality will always exist. Personally, I think the Mum's 'at the mercy' of the NHS are the lucky ones. Rather that than give birth in the third world.

If this baby wasn't born, it wouldn't change the fact that some new Mum's experience a shocking lack of care.

Bitch at the media and the hype... but don't forget that that William and Kate would probably far rather do without the circus too as they adjust to being first time parents.

kim147 Mon 22-Jul-13 21:33:55

The monarchy need the press to survive. They need William, Kate and now this baby to survive and the press and the palace PR machine are all in cahoots.

They sell papers and magazines.

WineNot Mon 22-Jul-13 21:35:32

The monarchy absolutely doesn't need the press to survive... The monarchy is a thousand year old institution.

How long has the press been about?

Not a republican, not a royalist, don't care any which way to be honest

katykuns Mon 22-Jul-13 21:38:15

I do kinda care, in the sense that I feel they do deserve some privacy and pity them having the media intrude on every aspect of their personal life. Having a baby is such a personal thing to experience.

kim147 Mon 22-Jul-13 21:38:27

The monarchy changed with the development of the press and especially the modern press.

Look at the Queen was viewed when Diana died. But they adapted and used the press very effectively.

Freudianslap Mon 22-Jul-13 21:39:03

I don't care either. My only concern is that they don't pick the same name as I have chosen for my baby (due in sept)...

YANBU

filee777 Mon 22-Jul-13 21:39:25

I hope they call him dexter or Tyler smile

lottieandmia Mon 22-Jul-13 21:41:14

YANBU - I don't know them and they have no clue who I am - they are strangers to me. I wish them well as anyone who has a baby but that's it.

The royals bore me - the whole concept of the monarchy makes little sense to me and I just don't get people saying stuff about them as if they know them personally. <shrugs>

MacaYoniandCheese Mon 22-Jul-13 21:45:20

Living in a country that is history-poor compared to the UK, I think you are being U and a bit of a misery. It would be terribly sad if there was no longer a monarchy sad. This is an historic and joyful occasion crown.

McNewPants2013 Mon 22-Jul-13 21:47:58

didn't even notice a new Smiley crown

servingwench Mon 22-Jul-13 21:50:02

Yes Tiger 57K and that was about 20 outfits! She's never done a days work...and no I don't count shaking people's hands and waving as work!

kim147 Mon 22-Jul-13 21:50:31

Why - I cannot think of one reason why someone should be born to reign over us.

It's that simple for me. If we need a Head of State, let's have one who we have a say in. It does not need to be a political position.

We have absolutely no say - we have been lucky with the Queen but what about others. Charles seems very political.

spotscotch Mon 22-Jul-13 21:52:35

What an odd thing to be negative about sad

Off with their heads! grin

LadyBryan Mon 22-Jul-13 21:53:47

YANBU to feel that way.

I'm thrilled about it though. I adore history and we're living through it today. Fabulous.

kim147 Mon 22-Jul-13 21:53:52

spotscotch You mean all this sycophantic outpouring?

Yes - we should all shut up and celebrate instead.

misterioso Mon 22-Jul-13 21:55:01

No YANBU

To some it is good news, because they like to be unrealistically optimistic when there is so much gloom, it gives them focus.
It can get on your nerves though when there is far more important stuff going on.

YABU though if you go on a happy thread and piss on their chips. Not suggesting you have done this and neither did I.
Just try and avoid as best you can

WineNot Mon 22-Jul-13 21:55:11

[yawn]

crown

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now