To believe my dd can see these weird things?

(59 Posts)
Doubtfuldaphne Mon 22-Jul-13 13:32:20

Last week I moved house to a cottage ins small Saxon town. Think one pub, one shop, lots of history
It's the first time we've moved and she is only 2.5 so its a lot for her to get her head round
She generally seems very excited and happy to have a lovely new big bedroom
However almost straight away she's started saying there's blood on the window. She pointed to a specific spot on the lounge window. She talks about it a lot and says its red!
Now it's on the upstairs windows and tells everyone about it! First we thought she said bird but she adamant it's blood.
Firstly how on earth does she know the word blood and that its red? The only tv she's seen is cbeebies and the tv is hardly ever on.
This is baffling me.

LilacPeony Mon 22-Jul-13 18:53:05

My dd used to see Buddha...until we realised she was saying "Water" when she was thirsty. Are you sure she is saying "blood" and not something else?

dementedmumof6 Mon 22-Jul-13 19:00:52

When my 3 yr old was 2 she sat talking about the old lady at the window , smiling at her , we dismissed it as her imagination as we were 3 floors up, a few days later she was looking thru the photo album and pointed to her great granny (who is was named after) and said old lady at window. Her great granny died a year almost to the day before she was born.

bootsycollins Mon 22-Jul-13 19:07:12

I'm loving these stories

WinnieFosterTether Mon 22-Jul-13 19:40:29

I love the ghost story threads on MN grin but from a practical point of view,is she definitely pointing at the window?
Maybe there was a cut on her finger once and she's actually holding out her finger and remembering it? Or is she pointing to something else?
Once when ds was about your dd's age, we went to see elephants. Despite there being three elephants in the field beside us, all he focused on was the buttercups on the verge between us and the field. If you'd asked him what he was looking at, he'd have said 'flowers' and despite our best efforts to get him to 'see' the elephants, he just didn't. Maybe she's looking at something other than the window.

kali110 Mon 22-Jul-13 20:55:04

They do say children are more susceptible to spirits when were younger, and lot of us lose it when we get older. Its up to you what to believe. i believe in spirits, but i wouldnt automatically just jump to this conclusion, it would take a lit before i would.Maybe she can see something, or it could be something completely normal. She obviously does know what blood is, she may have seen it in a cartoon or seen something happen. Keep talking to her it may be something really simple. Maybe theres a spot on her window, maybe she needs her eyes tested or maybe she just has a really active imagination

HeavenlyYoni Mon 22-Jul-13 21:02:48

OP, get her eyes looked at. I had a burst vessel once and it looked like there was a red spot in my vision. Just a thought.

MaryBateman Mon 22-Jul-13 21:24:03

I used to see some weird shit at my GP's house when I was little. Some I have forgotten, such as my special friend who came to talk to me when I was in bed trying to get to sleep who wore the pretty green dress. My GM's sister died aged 12 in the room next door and she was buried in her favourite green dress. I have a photo of her and I bear a very strong resemblance to her.

But some I haven't forgotten such as the pretty lady who scared me a bit by trying to stick her head in the open fire in my GM's room where I had been put to bed. I can still see it now as if it was yesterday, so very clearly. That one bothered me for years until I saw BBC's Pride & Prejudice when Jane Bennett was sat in front of the fire drying her hair. That's what I saw exactly! My GGM and the girl in the pretty green dress both died within 12 hours of each other of TB in adjoining rooms. I rather like to think that I saw two people who my loved ones loved and don't really give a monkey's if anyone thinks I'm bonkers grin

5Foot5 Mon 22-Jul-13 22:01:38

What youthecat and 8dayweek said. Seriously.

MaryBateman Mon 22-Jul-13 22:45:23

Actually yes, you should take your DD for an eye test. A condition called Macular Degeneration or Charles Bonnet syndrome can cause people to see things that are not there and I understand that some 'visions' can be exceptionally realistic. It is rare in children but should be checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now