Not interested in the royal baby? You're cold and uncaring

(87 Posts)

Or so I was told by a friend this morning. I was bemoaning the seemingly endless media coverage and the fact that real news stories are barely being touched on.

When I said that I have no interest in the baby and couldn't care less about it (beyond hoping that mother and baby are healthy, as I do for all births) she accused me of being cold, unfeeling and uncaring, saying that she would never say she "couldn't care less" about anyone, whether she knew them or not and that the royal baby is special and everyone should celebrate its birth.

Is she overreacting or am I BU and a heartless cow?

mumofthemonsters808 Mon 22-Jul-13 21:41:07

The madness has begun, Cameron will be rubbing his hands, a good news story to distract the paupers from having no food. Facebook congratulations from people who have never met the couple why ?

Who are these knob heads stood outside Buckingham Palace ?.Why would you do that ?.

Makes my blood boil, going to make no further comment and refrain from TV and newspapers forever.

FutTheShuckUp Mon 22-Jul-13 22:22:22

Its my birthday today, instead of happy birthday having a nice day everyone I know is gushing over an unknown baby. But it doesnt matter cause im too old for birthdays...

YouTheCat Mon 22-Jul-13 22:25:19

I just want them to name him Kensington Tyler Helsinki Windsor, to piss Katie Hopkins off and so he doesn't end up being invited on playdates. grin

Grr, what makes my blood boil is the fb updates I have seen..'wills and Kate, congrats on your baby boy'. THEY ARENT ON YOUR FRIEND LIST YOU MORON...

YouTheCat Mon 22-Jul-13 22:54:52

That also makes me hmm

This baby may not be Our Head Of State. It's reasonably likely that, by the time the current one drops dead, there will be enough of a groundswell of opinion to dump the whole family and become a republic. No need to execute them or anything, just let them sod off to their country houses and stay there.

LookingForwardToMarch Mon 22-Jul-13 23:24:05

Ahhh Solid...that would be just lovely grin

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ComposHat Mon 22-Jul-13 23:33:44

Yes I suspect granddad Charles will make such an unholy fuckup of the job that by the time an aged bald and paunchy William gets a shot at the main gig that enthusiasm for the monarchy will have ebbed away.

perfectstorm Mon 22-Jul-13 23:37:34

It's definitely overkill! It's my dd's 1st birthday today and all attention should be on her instead

Happy birthday to your DD!

OP, you pay for the royal family. Isn't that enough by way of contribution? Is forlock-tugging obligatory, too? confused

I dunno. I wish them well, I wish all new parents (actually, all people) well, but I am so fed up with the news right now. So no, YANBU, because if you are, so am I, and that's clearly an impossibility. ;)

2blessed Mon 22-Jul-13 23:47:52

YANBU. Baby born, all well, the rest of the world can move on.

CMT346 Tue 23-Jul-13 02:20:59

I'm with you, I wish them well like I would any new parent but I don't care about them beyond that. Personally I think it a bit odd that people have reactions to the life events of strangers that are of a similar intensity to comparable ones of people they know and / or love. As a republican I'm often astounded at the presumption that I should celebrate events such as this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now