AIBU to not give a monkeys about royal baby

(177 Posts)
glamourousgranny42 Mon 22-Jul-13 10:17:23

Thats it really. A wealthy woman who has married into a wealthy family who takes even more money from hard working people is having a baby. So fucking what! I cant understand why people cow tow to a group of people who are unelected and have no admirable qualities at all. Before you tell me how much money they bring in - imagine the increase in tourism if we could actually get into the properties that we own once we kick them out.

Sallyingforth Wed 24-Jul-13 21:52:58

smile
What's 103.5 millions between loyal subjects?

Vickibee Wed 24-Jul-13 17:53:10

should say 1.5 mil

Vickibee Wed 24-Jul-13 17:52:46

105 million has just been spent from public £ to tart up their apartment when people are paying bedroom tax out of 70 quid a week? how is that fair?

apostropheuse Mon 22-Jul-13 19:06:16

BBC News said earlier that the whole world was waiting for news of the royal baby.

It must be true if the BBC said it.

Who knew?

WorraLiberty Mon 22-Jul-13 15:43:33

SP!!!! grin

LookingForwardToMarch Mon 22-Jul-13 15:04:54

Here Here! Down with the monarchy!!!

(Good luck to anyone about to have a baby though grin )

Or John Terry will turn up as the baby comes up and lift it like he has been there the whole time grin

josephinebruce Mon 22-Jul-13 15:03:07

I love this thread. I am a republican and proud of it (God bless the Guardian!) and, with all the sugar and sycophancy going around at the moment, it is nice to be in the (virtual) company of people who actually dare to think differently!

One day this country will open its eyes and work out what that bunch of scroungers actually cost US.

Until then, I reserve the right to bitch as much as I like :-)

ZingWidge Mon 22-Jul-13 14:51:56

baby's not crowning yet....

Pigsmummy It'll be a good day to bury bad news...

HRHwheezing Mon 22-Jul-13 14:10:02

Don't particularly care about them but it's a baby!
I get excited about babies being born and how lovely it is for them as a couple

MiaowTheCat Mon 22-Jul-13 14:05:43

No, Boris will zip down and pull the baby out and lift it above his head Lion King Style

Oh fucking hell I have that image in my head now.

Brain bleach please asap!

Pawprint Mon 22-Jul-13 14:04:31

Bored stiff with it all, especially all the fawning in the media.

I'm sure William and K are very nice, but dear God they are dull.

Pigsmummy Mon 22-Jul-13 13:54:06

I am wondering what major news stories will be hidden due to the pages and pages of news stories about the royal baby. The Olympics managed to hide news of a pharmaceutical company being fined millions for bridery and corruption, had the Olympics not happened that would have been a global news shocker.

dingit Mon 22-Jul-13 13:50:40

I'm not a royalist, but William deserves the happiness of a family of his own after losing his mum so young. So I can't help feeling a bit excited for them!

aftermay Mon 22-Jul-13 13:46:01

Fourth plinth

sounds like its said with buck teeth

No, Boris will zip down and pull the baby out and lift it above his head Lion King Style

aftermay Mon 22-Jul-13 13:45:09

Oh God, that fourth plint will never be the same again.

squoosh Mon 22-Jul-13 13:43:14

Will a trumpet play as Royal Magic Baby marches out of the womb?

Nothing more important than the magical royal baby ready to exit the married to royal womb.

Sallyingforth Mon 22-Jul-13 13:38:46

Well at least the other women will get a free Hayley Westenra CD if they give birth on the same day!

flowersinavase Mon 22-Jul-13 13:35:50

YANBU - totally fed up of the hysteria. It'll be a baby. It'll be massively over-privileged. Kate will be some sort of hero for giving birth hmm

How about focusing on the other women in labour at this point: at the understaffed wards they'll be giving birth in; at how they'll be left to cope with their newborns whilst still bleeding / unable to walk (when the dads are kicked out); how they won't have adequate postpartum support; at how some of their babies will go to school hungry or suffer from malnutrition (as recent threads about school dinners have shown)???

How about focusing on something important??

gordyslovesheep Mon 22-Jul-13 13:34:32

Yanbu I thought the royals where modernising so where is the webcam or the royal cervix dilation app?

Not everyone cares that much ...and tourist info surveys repeatedly show the royals aren't the reason people come here

MiaowTheCat Mon 22-Jul-13 13:29:43

*'Cameron could bugger Osborne atop the fourth plinth on Trafalgar Square while singing "Anarchy in the UK" and no-one would bat an eyelid, not with wall to wall coverage of Jennie Bond frotting herself senseless about the state of Kate's cervix.'

I'd wave a union jack at that!*

Stick Boris back up the zip wire from the Olympics and he'd do the Union Jack waving FOR you.

squoosh Mon 22-Jul-13 13:26:18

'Cameron could bugger Osborne atop the fourth plinth on Trafalgar Square while singing "Anarchy in the UK" and no-one would bat an eyelid, not with wall to wall coverage of Jennie Bond frotting herself senseless about the state of Kate's cervix.'

I'd wave a union jack at that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now