AIBU to not give a monkeys about royal baby

(177 Posts)
glamourousgranny42 Mon 22-Jul-13 10:17:23

Thats it really. A wealthy woman who has married into a wealthy family who takes even more money from hard working people is having a baby. So fucking what! I cant understand why people cow tow to a group of people who are unelected and have no admirable qualities at all. Before you tell me how much money they bring in - imagine the increase in tourism if we could actually get into the properties that we own once we kick them out.

Zynzong Mon 22-Jul-13 10:29:55

Well the jubilee bored me to tears, but I can sort of relate to this! A woman having her first baby! I had long brown hair and was 31 and pregnant with my first once upon a time! it's the shared experience thing. She's been in the public eye for over a decade now, and stupidly, I am interested confused Don't make me feel foolish for being interested!

usualsuspect Mon 22-Jul-13 10:30:00

I don't live in overpriveledged fairy tale land.

I'm a grumpy old cow.

melika Mon 22-Jul-13 10:30:22

Not too bothered but I know its a girl and it will have an awful name! A little bit of me is hoping she goes what I went through, she is a little smug, isn't she? (Running behind sofa now)wink

Zynzong Mon 22-Jul-13 10:30:34

(the similarities ended with the long brown hair, I was joking, before anybody thinks I believe I have so much in common with her)

Zynzong Mon 22-Jul-13 10:31:31

you are grumpy lately usualsuspect!!

ToysRLuv Mon 22-Jul-13 10:32:37

YANBU. That is all.

JessicaBeatriceFletcher Mon 22-Jul-13 10:32:53

I quite like the fact we have a Monarchy rather than a President. But that doesn't mean I have to be excited over something that millions of women have done since time began. I'm pleased for them, but it doesn't need the ridiculous amount of coverage that it gets - which, to an extent, plays into the hands of those who would like us to be a Republic.

And let's be honest - if and when this child becomes King or Queen, the likelihood is that the vast majority of us will already have died. If Queenie lives to be as old as her mum, and Charles lives as old as his mum, and Wills lives as old as his dad, this new one won't take to the throne until it's 60 anyway!

When Prince Harry gets naked I want to know, when their wives have babies I dont care. I have priorities straight!

LastTangoInDevonshire Mon 22-Jul-13 10:34:51

Then fuck off, OP, and do something you DO enjoy and leave us watchers in peace without your whinging and whining.

Alwaysbloodyhungry Mon 22-Jul-13 10:35:56

Ha ha now that's the kind of royal headlines i like too...Harry cavorting in Vegas and the like...babies don't really excite me royal or otherwise.

FayeKorgasm Mon 22-Jul-13 10:36:25

I'm no royalist, but I think wishing a bad labour on another woman is hideous.

FFS

JessicaBeatriceFletcher Mon 22-Jul-13 10:36:40

LastTango - I think that was uncalled for.

Always You get me right? grin

I do love Harry.

I dont see why the OP should fuck off for starting a thread saying she doesn't care. hmm

usualsuspect Mon 22-Jul-13 10:38:46

Maybe you could fuck off to a nice baby watching thread,LastTangoInDevonshire. And leave us to moan and whine in peace.

TheHandbagOfGlory Mon 22-Jul-13 10:39:00

Are you more interested in the fact that Peter Andre has just announced his girlfriend is pregnant?

usualsuspect Mon 22-Jul-13 10:40:15

No one's wishing her a bad labour.

Ffs back at ya

AuntieFlaubert Mon 22-Jul-13 10:40:21

'AIBU to start a conversation about something I don't want to talk about'?
Yes.

TallulahBetty Mon 22-Jul-13 10:40:35

No, YABU. You are entitled to feel however you feel about anything.

However, I am starting to get a bit sick of the bitchy, negative comments (on here, Facebook and twitter) about it. Some people DO care about the royal baby, and for us it's dull.and boring reading comment after comment of people who say they couldn't care less etc. So what if millions of other people are having babies too? They're not famous therefore it stands to reason that it won't be all over the papers/tv/online!

fairylightsinthespring Mon 22-Jul-13 10:40:42

of course YANBU not to care if you choose not to, but there are some very mean spirited and nasty comments being made, one from a FB friend about how she'll not have to worry about baby weight - why? Can she pay it to go away? Also that she'll not be up in the night - well, yes she will if she's BF. I agree the media circus is unfortunate but that isn't their fault and I'm sure they'd rather it wasn't there. This particular baby is important because we DO live in a monarchist country and they have changed a thousand year old law to allow this baby, whatever its sex, to inherit the throne. From an historical and constitutional point of view, that is massively significant. No, it won't change anything for the vast majority of us on a day to day basis, but that is true of lots of things, doesn't make them unimportant, just unimportant to you.

TallulahBetty Mon 22-Jul-13 10:41:16

YANBU* whoops

DonDrapersAltrEgoBigglesDraper Mon 22-Jul-13 10:41:45

Man, I laugh at people who come onto threads started by other people to say they 'don't care', but to actually go to the bother of starting one yourself to tell a load of faceless Internet randoms that you don't care...?! grin

Me thinks you doth protest too much, lady.

You love it. You know you do. You don't fool us. wink If you genuinely didn't care, you would find some other way to pass the time, rather than starting a thread expressly to talk about Kate Middleton and her baby.

Love it. smile

Mimishimi Mon 22-Jul-13 10:42:06

I couldn't care less either but I think YABU to feel so much ill-will towards the baby because of his or her family. Noone can help who they are born to, poor mite.

fluffyraggies Mon 22-Jul-13 10:42:12

I'm no royalist, but I think wishing a bad labour on another woman is hideous.

^^ this.

Glory I am as it means the end of the world needs to begin now and quickly grin

Nah dont care about people I dont know having babies I wont know.

usualsuspect Mon 22-Jul-13 10:43:13

Look this thread is not pissing on anyone's chips on the 'we love Kate' threads.

so leave us alone grin

I'm not posting on those threads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now