Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to remove this possible sexual predator from my and my son's life

(75 Posts)
xalyssx Germany Sat 20-Jul-13 22:04:59

A guy 3 years younger than me has been attracted to me for a while apparently, we have been sort of friends for years but never particularly close. He often comes in the library where I work and so does his mother, she is very friendly towards me. Last year he walked home with me and my son as he lives near my friend's house where I was staying. I said goodbye to him and pushed the pram down the back alley. He followed me. He pushed me up against the wall and tried to kiss me. I screamed no at him but he ignored me, and I only managed to fight him off because he had a broken arm. That evening I told him on Facebook that his behaviour was unacceptable and that if he ever tried to talk to me again I would tell his respectable best friend. I also told my boss what happened. A couple of months down the line he tries to flirt with me again and I do actually talk to his friend about everything. Last week I was hanging out with my friends and my son, when he shows up and gets drawn into the group. As it has been a year without any contact I don't make a big deal about it. When everyone starts to leave, my medication starts playing up and I nearly pass out. He is the only person who is able to stay, so he walks me and my son to the train station, and waits with us for the train. He then starts talking about how much he loves me. I say 'oh thank you I really appreciate the sentiment' (I am not quite myself yet at this point.) He then says that he will prove it - and then promptly pulls his ding-dong out and waves it in my direction. .. what do I do next time I see him? I have told my boss about this.

ComposHat Belgium Mon 22-Jul-13 00:41:52

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

VirgoGrr Mon 22-Jul-13 00:42:47

X post, that was for Compo Shat.

xalyssx Germany Mon 22-Jul-13 00:43:53

Henrietta I told my boss because I work in a library and he comes in regularly and I don't want to have to serve him.

VirgoGrr Mon 22-Jul-13 00:46:26

<sound of Compo reversing the Troll Police Patrol Car out of this thread>

libertine73 Mon 22-Jul-13 00:54:15

Op you've done exactly the right thing, please take extra care though, he does sound worrying. how old is your son?

ComposHat Belgium Mon 22-Jul-13 00:55:10

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

xalyssx Germany Mon 22-Jul-13 00:55:33

Thank you, my son is 18 months

Again? Really. What's with this place & the non- believing of some posters?

Have been here about 11 now under various name changes & never before do I recall such blatant arguments for the sake of it!

People come here for support - and I know from time to time they're a bit suss, but in my opinion, if the replies can help someone in a similar position, then it's worth while.

Op glad you contacted the police. I hope they can help. Also, if you haven't already blocked this man on fb, you should do it.

xalyssx Germany Mon 22-Jul-13 01:04:27

Luckily he doesn't know where I live, only where I work, and there are always other people in the library

Bogeyface Netherlands Mon 22-Jul-13 01:05:31

Wow.

So you think it is a troll thread? Thats fine, but I believe that MN rules require you to report it and not comment on the thread.

What if it isnt a troll. What if you have just made life for someone that little bit harder? What if someone else was in a similar position and now will not ask for help and not report it to the police because of the things posted on here?

So much for "we believe you".

xalyssx Germany Mon 22-Jul-13 01:14:26

Facebook finally loaded and I have now blocked him.

Bogeyface Netherlands Mon 22-Jul-13 01:18:35

YOu might also want to change your privacy so only people you have already friended can search you. If you dont then he could create a second profile and will still be able to PM you (found that out the hard way with a harrassing relative). You can still search and add other people, but they cant search and add you.

ComposHat Belgium Mon 22-Jul-13 01:20:20

What if it isnt a troll

In retrospect I wish I'd not responded and reported.
my posts on here haven't been my finest hour, I went about it in a fairly crass bull in a China shop manner.

xalyssx Germany Mon 22-Jul-13 01:27:33

Bogeyface thanks I will do that, I don't think that he will do this though as last year when I blocked him he didn't do anything

libertine73 Mon 22-Jul-13 01:56:31

kudos for that compost

it really isn't more important to be the first to shout troll than it is to possibly help someone in need.

kickassangel Mon 22-Jul-13 02:20:34

I think you should also tell the friends you were with. You may not be able to influence their opinions, they may not believe you, but you can at least ask them never to leave you alone with him. If he ever turns up again, leave immediately. It shouldn't be up to you to leave, of course, but even if it's a year before he shows his face this is now the third time he's tried to assault you.

Give him no more chances.

JulieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 22-Jul-13 10:45:30

Just to remind you of our lovely talk guidelines, which include;

No personal attacks
No trollhunting

MNHQ

fluffandnonsense Mon 22-Jul-13 11:35:04

Call the sodding police, get an injunction and never see him again!!

thispunderfullife Mon 22-Jul-13 23:55:59

I'd like to apologise for being disbelieving and disrespectful. It came across a bit, well, stilted but I totally appreciate that if you suffer from some communication difficulties this is entirely likely. I hope that you have called the police and that your ok flowers

Leverette Tue 23-Jul-13 00:16:17

Be careful, he might well know where you live because he followed you home that time you mentioned earlier. People like this can be a bit obsessed and not give up easily.

libertine73 Tue 23-Jul-13 11:57:34

You alright OP?

jacks365 France Tue 23-Jul-13 12:08:23

The op is fine and happily posting on other threads re the storms overnight.

Op just point out to the idiot that you have a dp that you are more than happy with.

Whothefuckfarted Tue 23-Jul-13 12:11:40

I have no idea why you wouldn't have phoned the police the first time... beggars belief.. WELL DONE FOR DOING IT NOW.

ZillionChocolate Tue 23-Jul-13 12:17:24

The evidence is your account of what happened. Go to the police.

xalyssx Germany Tue 23-Jul-13 14:37:01

Thank you all x
He knows where my granny lives but not where I live, and he goes to school with my cousin :-(
I told him that I have a DP and he didn't believe me...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now