Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to remove this possible sexual predator from my and my son's life

(75 Posts)
xalyssx Sat 20-Jul-13 22:04:59

A guy 3 years younger than me has been attracted to me for a while apparently, we have been sort of friends for years but never particularly close. He often comes in the library where I work and so does his mother, she is very friendly towards me. Last year he walked home with me and my son as he lives near my friend's house where I was staying. I said goodbye to him and pushed the pram down the back alley. He followed me. He pushed me up against the wall and tried to kiss me. I screamed no at him but he ignored me, and I only managed to fight him off because he had a broken arm. That evening I told him on Facebook that his behaviour was unacceptable and that if he ever tried to talk to me again I would tell his respectable best friend. I also told my boss what happened. A couple of months down the line he tries to flirt with me again and I do actually talk to his friend about everything. Last week I was hanging out with my friends and my son, when he shows up and gets drawn into the group. As it has been a year without any contact I don't make a big deal about it. When everyone starts to leave, my medication starts playing up and I nearly pass out. He is the only person who is able to stay, so he walks me and my son to the train station, and waits with us for the train. He then starts talking about how much he loves me. I say 'oh thank you I really appreciate the sentiment' (I am not quite myself yet at this point.) He then says that he will prove it - and then promptly pulls his ding-dong out and waves it in my direction. .. what do I do next time I see him? I have told my boss about this.

thispunderfullife Sun 21-Jul-13 23:31:33

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

thispunderfullife Sun 21-Jul-13 23:32:25

Have you told your boss you've posted this here?! <guffaws>

xalyssx Sun 21-Jul-13 23:48:52

No I haven't told my boss but I told the police officer who came over today to take my statement. Do I need to tell my boss?

Floggingmolly Sun 21-Jul-13 23:58:36

What sort of learning difficulties do you have?

GoSuckEggs Sun 21-Jul-13 23:59:09

thispunderfullife why not?

xalyssx Mon 22-Jul-13 00:04:53

I have dyspraxia, possibly aspergers.

ComposHat Mon 22-Jul-13 00:09:05

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

xalyssx Mon 22-Jul-13 00:13:13

What can I say to make you believe me?

CaptainKirksNipples Mon 22-Jul-13 00:16:34

AmyFarrahFowlerCooper Mon 22-Jul-13 00:20:18

Saturday 23:24
Sunday 23:48

GoSuckEggs Mon 22-Jul-13 00:21:49

what happened to the 'we believe you' campaign?

xalyssx Mon 22-Jul-13 00:22:03

I called the police last night at 23:12 and they came this morning at about midday.

ComposHat Mon 22-Jul-13 00:22:20

and that the chap pulled his cock out at a railway station and wasnt spotted by staff, fellow passengers or Cctv cameras?

AmyFarrahFowlerCooper Mon 22-Jul-13 00:23:37

compos, I was flashed at the train station as a teenager and it wasn't spotted by staff (in their ticket office), CCTV or other passengers (there were none).

xalyssx Mon 22-Jul-13 00:27:35

It was 8 o'clock at night so there weren't many people around and we were at the back of the train station (outside the disabled part of the train because I can fit the pushchair in better)
The police officer said that he will send the information to the transport police and they will check the cctv cameras.

FunLovinBunster Mon 22-Jul-13 00:27:39

You contacted someone who you say is a sexual predator on Facebook??
WTAF

ComposHat Mon 22-Jul-13 00:29:38

VirgoGrr Mon 22-Jul-13 00:31:31

Yes, scrutiny in court, not by you.

ComposHat Mon 22-Jul-13 00:33:54

it has been placed on a public discussion forum so can and should be debated.

AmyFarrahFowlerCooper Mon 22-Jul-13 00:34:29

So report it then compos instead of troll hunting.

ComposHat Mon 22-Jul-13 00:36:36

virgio if thats your position then surely you can't approve of the 'I believe you' campaign, the only option is to say 'I will keep an open mind and not form a judgement until evidence is heard in court.'

VirgoGrr Mon 22-Jul-13 00:36:48

It's not a debate - this person is asking for assistance dealing with sexual harrassment/potential assault. Advice has been given, you don't need to wade in with your opinions on whether you believe her or not. Unpleasant.

xalyssx Mon 22-Jul-13 00:40:52

FLB I was worried that he would come into my place of work and cause a ruckus, so as I already had him on Facebook I decided that it would be safer to send him a message there.

VirgoGrr Mon 22-Jul-13 00:41:31

You need to do a bit more reading around the purpose of the campaign before forming your opinions. And feel free to start another thread to discuss it. This isn't the right place.

HenriettaPye Mon 22-Jul-13 00:41:48

Why tell your boss?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now