to find those 'princess on board' labels that people hang in thier cars horrible

(73 Posts)
catinabox Sat 20-Jul-13 15:20:49

I saw one yesterday that said 'future millionaire on board' ...yuck!

sufferingfromcraft Sat 20-Jul-13 16:35:30

Now I can go one better. In front of me whilst driving the other day a "powered by fariey dust" sticker. I got my daughter to check I wasn't seeing things, but no that was how it was spelled.
I was trying to work out how this could happen. Did she buy a fake one?

wriggletto Sat 20-Jul-13 16:38:44

Where have they gone, squoosh? I loved that 70s thing of driving around with the equivalent of a Blankety Blank style contestant name plaque above your head. Here's Dave! here's Dawn!

angeltattoo Sat 20-Jul-13 16:43:24

Children on board sign wankers.

I have vowed never to be one.

Bluestocking Sat 20-Jul-13 16:46:04

How about signs that say "wanker on board"? You could carry them around and stick them on any vehicle you feel deserves them.

50shadesofvomit Sat 20-Jul-13 16:46:14

I am usually v laid back but the signs really piss me off. Nobody gives a shit you're fertile and you're not more special than everybody else angry

magimedi Sat 20-Jul-13 16:47:10

I really want a sign that says:

"Caution - Show Slugs in transit".

(Have seen one re show dogs!)

catinabox Sat 20-Jul-13 16:50:44

I want one that says 'old crisp packet, broken sat nav, leaky biro and indefinable rotting thing on board'

catinabox Sat 20-Jul-13 16:53:20

My neighbour ha cushions in her car and matching blankets. They are all plumped up and neat on the parcel shelf and clearly never get used. I think there is a small teddy bear also hanging somewhere. The car is very clean .. all the time.

Because of this, i have no interest in her.

kitsmummy Sat 20-Jul-13 16:54:33

Ha, now I find these absolutely hideous and I saw a beauty of a personalised one the other day - "prince Riley and prince Tyler on board" yes OBVIOUSLY I judged, however I have also seen a hilarious one recently........<drum roll>....."potato on board" grin

There's a car that lives near me which has one saying 'Dylon on board'. I'm impressed by their commitment to fabric customisation.

quesadilla Sat 20-Jul-13 17:57:52

To be honest even baby on board is bad enough (in a car. More understandable on a button).
Princess On Board is nauseating and naff as fuck.

TidyDancer Sat 20-Jul-13 18:00:25

Re the decals on windows. While visiting my aunt, I saw one that read 'clean freak' on the passenger side.

honestpointofview Sat 20-Jul-13 18:07:01

funloving gets my vote!

thispunderfullife Sat 20-Jul-13 18:11:34

I saw one the other day which was personalised... Princess taylah was on board. Yes, you read the spelling correctly confused

gordyslovesheep Sat 20-Jul-13 18:13:07

I one one that says 'I break for tailgaters'

I dislike baby on board signs - really we are all worth treating nicely by other drivers - not just babies

ewwww and those ones that say 'princess Molly-Mae on board' <shudder>

SelectAUserName Sat 20-Jul-13 18:13:52

funloving for Prime Minister!

It's a car . A lump of metal and glass designed to get you from A to B in relative comfort and convenience. It's not an extension of the fucking teddy shelf you had in your teenage bedroom.

LaRegina Sat 20-Jul-13 18:19:33

Take a chill pill op smile - YABU.

And I have no objection at all to topless male drivers - as long as they are toned, tanned and gorgeous of course...

gordyslovesheep Sat 20-Jul-13 18:30:15

hahaha Select

I am a bit baffled at how the OP can see a tramp stamp on a topless man driving a car

Borisboohoo Sat 20-Jul-13 18:33:19

Comedy horns eg Dukes of Hazzard ones

I have always wanted one of these!!

ShowOfHands Sat 20-Jul-13 18:37:14

Ooh I've found a site where you can design your own.

Shall I have 'Show Alpaca On Board' or 'Penguin In Boot'?

Nottalotta Sat 20-Jul-13 18:41:01

I hate them all but would very much like a 'penguin in boot' sticker.

catinabox Sat 20-Jul-13 18:43:06

'Dylon on board'

It's not an extension of the fucking teddy shelf you had in your teenage bedroom

This made me laugh out loud - Brilliant.

showofhands share the link please!

Trigglesx Sat 20-Jul-13 18:45:50

I don't know about here but in the states (as we're on the subject of things stuck in windows to show where children are), for the longest time there were decals given out by fire departments that you put in the bedroom window for any child's bedroom. It wasn't huge or anything, but just supposed to put it where it could be seen so that if there was a fire, firefighters could spot a room where a child was most likely sleeping (in case parents were incapacitated due to fire and couldn't tell them). Yes, they would generally check every room anyway, but this was one of those "check here first" things.

A few people got panicky saying "oh but if someone wants to kidnap a child, it would show which window to go in." hmm seriously?!?! Bit paranoid.

I thought they were a good idea. Do they do that here in the UK at all? I've just never seen it, so wasn't sure.

GameSetAndMatch Sat 20-Jul-13 18:48:48

i can understand the child on board, disabled signs, but the ones i REALLY hate are the 'cheeky monkey on board' ones. feel like shouting 'ill call the RSPCA!!'

and stickers are just tacky now-except the 'L' and 'P' ones grin.

although i loved 2 i saw on a car.

one said 'iI [heart] New york. (the heart shape)

next to it, the [spade] sign you get on a deck of cards, 'I [spayed] my cat!!!!'

MrsRachelLynde Sat 20-Jul-13 18:57:12

Link please, so I can make one that says either "ironing on board" or "cheese on board" or "writing on board" or other variations on a board-related theme grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now