AIBU to buy this?

(49 Posts)
Ginocchio Sat 20-Jul-13 12:40:15

WIBU to buy http://bit.ly/13sduqG this -penis- -extension- car?

I've liked them for ages, and am now in a position to be able to afford one in addition to a "proper" car.

But... I'm an accountant (in a dull industry), I drive a very dull car normally, and I've got 2 young DCs (7&4).

I'm single (separated for about a year), and I'm concerned that -women- people will think I am a massive prick (rather than that I have a massive prick) for driving one.

I'm under no illusions that it won't make make me look any cooler or more desirable; I just like them and think it would be fun to drive.

So: AIBU to get this car, on grounds that I'm having an early mid-life crisis and that I should grow up, or can I get away with it without -prospective- -partners- thinking I'm a total bellend?

I await the MN jury's decision...

Ginocchio Sat 20-Jul-13 13:29:27

Ineed if you ignore the face, body, lack of bald head and accent, I'm pretty much an exact replica...

IneedAyoniNickname Sat 20-Jul-13 13:32:52

Lol grin

JourneyThroughLife Sat 20-Jul-13 13:33:20

It's nicer than I thought it would be - from your post I thought it was going to be really OTT but it's fine. Get one if you fancy it. Drive sensibly, not like a complete idiot....in which case, what's the problem. It's a car.....

Some of the nicest people I know drive in your face cars. That one relatively speaking is pretty inoffensive. If you like it go for it, and anyone who judges you for it probably isn't worth knowing anyway.

Ginocchio Sat 20-Jul-13 13:34:11

worra if we all thought rationally and sensibly about everything all time, then we'd have no need for AIBU. And then what would we talk about...?

TidyDancer Sat 20-Jul-13 13:34:14

If you want it and can afford it, get it.

But tbh (as this is AIBU!) it's a blood ugly car!

Ledkr Sat 20-Jul-13 13:34:16

Who cares?
When I got divorced I bought a golf cabriolet.
I loved it and couldn't have cared less what people thought about me.
First time me and my mate had the roof down playing independent women on the stereo and the heating on full as it was April grin great fun and great memories.
Do what you like.

TidyDancer Sat 20-Jul-13 13:34:28

blood bloody

Ginocchio Sat 20-Jul-13 13:41:10

Tidy shock

makes note to ignore Tidy's opinion in future as is clearly just wrong

Ginocchio Sat 20-Jul-13 15:21:36

Well, it seems the consensus is that I should buy one. I'm going to print off a copy of this thread and keep it in the glovebox, for evidence...

TidyDancer Sat 20-Jul-13 15:31:39

Haha.

If you want ugly cars, then sure, ignore my opinion.

WMittens Sat 20-Jul-13 15:44:41

It's.just.a.car

They get you from A to B

Well that's just plain wrong - my cars very often get me from A to A.

I understand if you drive a shit car, you don't want to spend any more time in it than you have to; it's one reason why I don't buy shit cars.

WMittens Sat 20-Jul-13 15:45:59

If you want ugly cars, then sure, ignore my opinion.

Given that that Supra design is over 20 years old, I think it's stood the test very well. It stands up exceedingly well to the overly-creased, fussy designs that we see in modern cars.

TidyDancer Sat 20-Jul-13 15:49:24

It doesn't mean it's not ugly....!

greymoose Sat 20-Jul-13 15:51:48

Please look at how big the back is - especially if you met a new partner it'd mean 2 children squished in the back and they're just getting bigger - my mum got an Alfa Romeo gtv after she split from my dad and it was pointless apart from it looked nice and was fast - we dreaded getting in the back of it even if it was just one of us in the back for a short time and longer journeys were horrendous.

Not sure if this'll help at all but that's advice I wish my mum had!

WMittens Sat 20-Jul-13 15:53:11

It doesn't mean it's not ugly....!

No, the fact that the matter is subjective means it's not ugly; it also means it's not beautiful.

In your opinion it is ugly; my opinion is it's good-looking.

IThinkOfHappyWhenIThinkOfYou Sat 20-Jul-13 15:53:21

I don't like it but as I am lusting after a nissan skyline I'm hardly in a position to judge.

greymoose Sat 20-Jul-13 15:54:16

Sorry posted before finished - obviously I'm not sure if its the same as that but looks like it might be squished in the back! Aside from that if you like it just get it!

GoofyIsACow Sat 20-Jul-13 15:55:34

Is that fs in manchester?

KoalaFace Sat 20-Jul-13 15:57:11

It'd be s

KoalaFace Sat 20-Jul-13 16:00:22

It'd be such a such a shame if you didn't get something you wanted and have worked hard to afford because you're worried how people will see you.

Get it, enjoy it and when you meet any ladies you are interested in just show them you're a gent and not a player.

A car putting you off someone? That sounds silly. Do you want to be with someone so ridiculous anyway?

Ginocchio Sat 20-Jul-13 16:13:19

Greymoose it'd be in addition to my dull car (that I have to have for work), so no issues re size.

IThink yes, a Skyline would be my other choice.

Ginocchio Sat 20-Jul-13 16:16:34

WMittens, it's ok - Tidy is clearly just unable/unwilling to accept how obviously lovely the car is. It's a shame, but I'll console myself with the fact that I'm right..

thispunderfullife Sun 21-Jul-13 14:50:47

If you like it, you can afford to run it and it's nice to drive, why not?! Enjoy it xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now