Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To ask slightly chubby ladies who wear skirts......

(111 Posts)
MintChocChip147 Thu 18-Jul-13 09:54:27

How do you do it?!
I'm about a size 16 and wore a maxi dress yesterday and the pain from the top of my legs rubbing together was horrible! Really hurt!
I won't be wear a dress or skirt for the rest of summer I don't think.
And my legs leave a lot to be desired so that rules shorts out too.
Looks like I'm spending the entire summer in cropped trousers and strappy tops!

cardibach Wed 24-Jul-13 21:11:01

Evans comfort shorts are great - buy them in a size bigger than you think and then they don't roll up as some posters have suggested. I will be looking at Body Glide!

Fluffyears Wed 24-Jul-13 21:27:40

This is why I love my lace band things as bit sweaty and no thrush issues that tights can cause in warm weather x

Fluffyears Wed 24-Jul-13 21:28:05

*not sweaty lol x

Mitchum roll on, brilliant.

I used to wear cycling shorts or spanks type pants but had been getting way too hot. I was going to buy the lanacane cream but decided to give roll on deodorant a try first and I'm so glad I did. I've had bone dry, chafe free thighs ever since even though the rest of me has been melting.

Alohomora Wed 24-Jul-13 21:38:33

Several options - ladies I know use Bodyglide (don't like it), I wear either knee-length hose or cycling shorts. Have just ordered some Bandelettes to try and see whether they're an acceptable alternative.

Got married last month and had a very sexy pair of knee-length sloggi underpants under my wedding dress!

MrsOakenshield Wed 24-Jul-13 21:40:50

brilliant thread. I bought some anti-chafing gel from Decathlon at the weekend and I think it would have stopped chafing but I hated the sensation of my thighs touching each other (I haven't worn a skirt in the summer for years) so I went back to my scruffy cropped jeans after about half an hour.

One thing about the Sloggi pants which I can't tell from the picture - does that seam go all the way under? I cannot bear a seam up me fanjo (not all that keen on it over me tummy either - the line imprinted on your tum always looks so attractive, I think . . .).

My jeans always go at the inner thigh too. I'm not even particularly chubby though a few pounds off and some toning up wouldn't go amiss, I suppose.

WildThongsHeartString Wed 24-Jul-13 21:43:35

Talc + anti chaffing cream = Asda Baby Liquid Talc

Actually a smooth cream glides on with a totally non sticky finish, and smells like a baby! And cheap as chips smile
little angels

OfficerMeow Wed 24-Jul-13 21:47:05

Talc and femfresh deodrant.

SmiteYouWithThunderbolts Wed 24-Jul-13 21:49:50

I have two pairs of shorts from Evans that work wonders. They're a very gentle stretchy material so they're not hot and they don't pinch like cycling shorts would.

www.evans.co.uk/en/evuk/product/accessories-250472/comfort-shorts-1860348/evans-white-comfort-shorts-1760996?bi=1&ps=24

Fluffyears Wed 24-Jul-13 22:10:37

I tried body glide lanacane, talc etc but had to keep re-applying. I bought some shaper pants that go down my thigh but it's too hot to even wear tights lately. I googled 'chub rub' and the USA have loads of ideas online x

byhec Wed 24-Jul-13 22:20:46

Great thread! Vaseline works as well as more expensive options!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now