To give up now and agree to induction!

(84 Posts)
PeppaPigStinks Thu 18-Jul-13 04:50:39

I think I need some positive thinking or a reality check!

With DD i planned a homebirth , however after four sweeps, the first three resulting in nothing I ended up being induced by having my waters broken as I wasn't progressing. Waters were clear but then dd got distressed and ended up in a drip. confused. I ended up on my back tied to a machine to monitor dd.

Cue DC2- now I'm 11 days over and planned home birth. I've had 3 sweeps. I had one yesterday and it did something with regular contractions but these have now fizzled out. Midwife said she could have broken my waters. By this one I was 3 cm and bishops score has gone from 6 to 8.

The plan is for another sweep Friday and go in the weekend to have my waters broken.

Aibu to just give up gracefully on a homebirth and accept nothing will happen until my waters are broken!?blush and to just suggest they do this today/Friday!?hmm

Xihha Sat 20-Jul-13 21:47:19

congratulations! Tristan is a lovely name!

bookforgoddaughter Sat 20-Jul-13 21:55:19

I like Tristan but I'm not sure It works that well with Barry. Barry Tristan?

PeppaPigStinks Sat 20-Jul-13 22:18:33

Our short list is:
James
Thomas
(And in mine) Edward!!

Thanks for all the congrats grin

monicalewinski Sat 20-Jul-13 22:24:43

Thomas is tops wink

I love all of those, but especially Thomas. smile Congrats again. Does he smell lovely? swoon

thispunderfullife Sun 21-Jul-13 14:47:28

Congrats!!

KitNCaboodle Sun 21-Jul-13 15:35:08

My 4 week old is Edward. smile
I have also always liked the name Thomas but almost every Thomas I have met has been bonkers

Congratulations!

PeppaPigStinks Wed 24-Jul-13 20:18:35

We have a name!! Adam gringringringrin

It bugs me when people don't finish a thread so thought I'd quickly update!

Thank you for all the lovely suggestions and congratulations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now