To give up now and agree to induction!

(84 Posts)
PeppaPigStinks Thu 18-Jul-13 04:50:39

I think I need some positive thinking or a reality check!

With DD i planned a homebirth , however after four sweeps, the first three resulting in nothing I ended up being induced by having my waters broken as I wasn't progressing. Waters were clear but then dd got distressed and ended up in a drip. confused. I ended up on my back tied to a machine to monitor dd.

Cue DC2- now I'm 11 days over and planned home birth. I've had 3 sweeps. I had one yesterday and it did something with regular contractions but these have now fizzled out. Midwife said she could have broken my waters. By this one I was 3 cm and bishops score has gone from 6 to 8.

The plan is for another sweep Friday and go in the weekend to have my waters broken.

Aibu to just give up gracefully on a homebirth and accept nothing will happen until my waters are broken!?blush and to just suggest they do this today/Friday!?hmm

marriedinwhiteagain Fri 19-Jul-13 22:05:01

I want a documented labour thread pippa - grunts, swearing, screaming, everything - esp the bit where you yell at your DH to F off and stop being Effing helpful grin. Out baby, ouit baby, come on now, stop teasing.

UnexpectedStepmum Fri 19-Jul-13 22:16:28

I went 17 days over with DD1, huge pressure to agree to induction but I insisted on monitoring instead. Had a natural birth and DD only 6 and a half pounds so glad I waited! Then went 12 days over with DD2 and had an amazing hypnobirth. I research ed the risks so I knew the facts, and trusted my body to do what women are designed to do.

PeppaPigStinks Fri 19-Jul-13 22:29:33

I've had a bath with clary sage grin

PeppaPigStinks Fri 19-Jul-13 22:31:17

Married in white....DH is out in the garage! I nearly posted earlier about how effing unhelpful he has been the last few days dealing with DD!!

RandomMess Fri 19-Jul-13 22:33:21

Your bishops score isn't bad smile sounds like it could be very quick once it gets going!

marriedinwhiteagain Fri 19-Jul-13 22:36:57

Oh dear - they can be tiresome!! But did you enjoy your bath with clary Sage - is she related to clary grundy. Sorry OP couldn't resist. DD came a couple of hours before an electric storm. Only naby born that dauy and by 7 nmext mrnimng there were 8 more. Thje midwives said it was a known phenomenon.

Anyone up for choreographing the peppapig's baby's raindance? Xx praps io'll juist boogy up to bed for you grin

marriedinwhiteagain Fri 19-Jul-13 22:39:38

Oh dear - they can be tiresome!! But did you enjoy your bath with clary Sage - is she related to clary grundy. Sorry OP couldn't resist. DD came a couple of hours before an electric storm. Only naby born that dauy and by 7 nmext mrnimng there were 8 more. Thje midwives said it was a known phenomenon.

Anyone up for choreographing the peppapig's baby's raindance? Xx praps io'll juist boogy up to bed for you grin

PeppaPigStinks Fri 19-Jul-13 23:04:58

Randomness- score is now 9 and 4cm! blushblush

I just need to get going!!!

Haha marriedinwhite... I think baby is holding out for the full moon!

marriedinwhiteagain Fri 19-Jul-13 23:09:33

peppapgcontracts go Peppa.

marriedinwhiteagain Sat 20-Jul-13 16:23:13

Shhhhhhhh has Peppa got a baby yet - bet she has and that's why it's all gone quiet xxxxxxxxxs

RandomMess Sat 20-Jul-13 17:03:22

Wow just wow!!! Hope the birth goes really well/has gone really well grin

PeppaPigStinks Sat 20-Jul-13 18:47:26

Baby peppa was born this afternoon in hospital. Had reduced movements so came up for monitoring.

As he was due for induction tomorrow they said would do today.

My waters were broken at 12 an he was in the big wide world by 1:30! He is a bruiser at 10.4lb and was a little hairy as was shoulder distortia.

Little man fed for 45 mins and is finally starting to settle after quite an unsettling entrance to the world! grin

We're yet to come up with a name!! Any suggestions would be more than welcomed!

gordyslovesheep Sat 20-Jul-13 18:49:05

oh wow what a big baby grin congratulations

RandomMess Sat 20-Jul-13 18:53:05

Congratulations, told you it would be fast grin

Well done on going in for monitoring.

mummymeister Sat 20-Jul-13 19:13:31

Fantastic news peppa. look after yourself. how about Wilbur for a name ( the name of the pig in Charlottes web!!) I like odd names so don't ask me - Dennis, Tant, etc. hope you choose a good one.

marriedinwhiteagain Sat 20-Jul-13 19:13:49

Hope you're OK. Welcome baby Peppa. Hagrid grin.

RiotsNotDiets Sat 20-Jul-13 19:15:49

Obviously George pig!!

Congratulations! flowers

formicadinosaur Sat 20-Jul-13 19:16:51

George? Pig related. Well done you by the way

Shellywelly1973 Sat 20-Jul-13 19:20:23

Congratulations!!! Big baby- well done you!

bookforgoddaughter Sat 20-Jul-13 19:22:59

Congratulations, Peppa!

Call him Barry. It's my name and I am really cool and lovely. I have been asking my friends to call their sons Barry for years. Amazingly, none of my friends have yet named a child after me. I am stunned and do not know why. I am starting to think that there may be a feeling out there that it is not actually that nice a name. Surely not?

5madthings Sat 20-Jul-13 19:26:08

Congratulations!!

Very speedy, sounds like my ds4 I was 4cm lots of niggles and once they broke my waters it took an hour till he arrived, similar size as well 10lb 13oz.

Hmm what kind of names do you like?

monicalewinski Sat 20-Jul-13 20:05:55

Congrats!! flowers

MrsMaryCooper Sat 20-Jul-13 20:08:18

Congratulations!

mumof5plusazoo Sat 20-Jul-13 20:08:24

Congratulations

pianodoodle Sat 20-Jul-13 20:12:27

Congratulations!!

Glad it all went well!

Welcome babypeppa x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now