to think it's ok to wear skirts and dresses

(123 Posts)
kim147 Wed 17-Jul-13 20:34:37

Even though I haven't got the world's best legs which aren't perfectly smooth or beautiful?

Just checking because all the adverts seem to tell me that I need beautiful legs to make it a skirt day.

Twirlyhot Wed 17-Jul-13 20:36:06

I rarely wear either.

If that's the case I had best keep my short scarred ones covered up grin

If we are listening to adverts then we also need to only shave when our legs are hairless grin

Wear skirts/dresses happily and confidently, and if anyone judges you send 'em round to me and I will deal with them fuck them!

KittensoftPuppydog Wed 17-Jul-13 20:39:11

Tbh I think a lot of it has to do with how old you are and how much you show. Young legs look lovely even when not perfect. I do not think that anyone over 45 should show more than the knee. No matter how much they work out. Looks a bit desperate.

Turniptwirl Wed 17-Jul-13 20:40:22

This is the first year I've worn shorts since I was 21 and I don't care it's too bloody hot for anything else! I'm fat regardless of what I wear so why not be slightly comfortable?

WorraLiberty Wed 17-Jul-13 20:42:09

If well listened to what the adverts told us, we'd never leave the house.

YABU but I think you know that

WorraLiberty Wed 17-Jul-13 20:42:26

*we

kitten - ah well, at least I've got a couple of years left wink
Actually, I live in jeans and long skirts because I hate my legs, but this weekend I gave in and wore shorts! Long ones, but still SHORTS! Unheard of, when not on a beach. Short skirts on old, overweight women are just "not a good look" in my opinion.

I'm 43 and a size 12. My legs are not monstrous, but they are certainly not the legs of Naomi Campbell, for example. However, I went to the shop in super-short shorts the other day and nobody pointed and laughed, and no small children or animals ran away in terror.

Wear a skirt fgs. It's HOT!

Desperate for what, Kittensoft? hmm

trinity0097 Wed 17-Jul-13 20:45:58

I am wearing a nice knee length monsoon skirt today, no tights or anything like that, and I am a size 20, so go for it I say, no-one is perfect, I am who I am and I just want to be comfy!

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 17-Jul-13 20:46:20

Its hot. Wear what keeps you cool.

kim147 Wed 17-Jul-13 20:53:18

I love wearing them - not sure how desperate I am though (refer to I need a shag thread)

It's just all those adverts grin

maddening Wed 17-Jul-13 20:55:12

I am size 18 and 5ft 8 - I don't wear trousers or leggings - skirts and dresses all the way for me - preferably knee length with heels

WafflyVersatile Wed 17-Jul-13 20:55:57

According to the adverts you can only be slim and beautiful to wear any clothes or go naked, drive a car, push a hoover round, own a dog, have children, be short-sighted, touch a man, use tampons etc.

VitoCorleone Wed 17-Jul-13 20:56:44

I dont even look at peoples legs when they wear a skirt or shorts

EBearhug Wed 17-Jul-13 20:57:10

Absolutely, especially in the this weather.

I have been, even with the infected mossie bite above my ankle which is turning the skin interesting colours, but is definitely not looking beautiful.

SaucyJack Wed 17-Jul-13 20:58:57

Fine at home.

Depends at work tho.

My GP was wearing a too short dress the other day. Legs like a rugby player. It didn't look flattering or professional.

WafflyVersatile Wed 17-Jul-13 20:59:25

I do and I notice if their legs are long or short, fat or thin, tanned or white or blotchy, smooth or stubbly or hairy, etc.

[shrug]

specialsubject Wed 17-Jul-13 21:01:07

skirts and belts are not synonymous. There's a skirt to suit most shapes - and some skirts that look awful on everyone.

TiggyD Wed 17-Jul-13 21:03:01

I'm in shorts and I have less than perfect legs. It's too hot to wear trousers.

kim147 Wed 17-Jul-13 21:04:51

Love that sketch grin

hipposbelongoutside Wed 17-Jul-13 21:04:57

hell i am over 40 and wear short dresses even with old corned beef colour legs

desperate for what kitten? to keep cool? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now