...to think that Ra Ra the Noisy Lion deserves a painful death at the hands of poachers?

(25 Posts)
ThePerfectFather Wed 17-Jul-13 15:43:04

It has to be the laziest most repetitive show on telly. Most shows have some filler, Ra Ra is ALL filler. One phrase repeated for five minutes by all the other animals. And of course Ra Ra is in charge. Twat.

It's the stuff I try really hard not to let DS get into the habit of (i.e calling animals by their sound or adding 'ie/y' to the end of words in that baby talk fashion) so it winds me up a treat grin

(Plus he's irritatingly obnoxious shock )

CabbageLooking Wed 17-Jul-13 15:47:11

He is VERY bratty isn't he?

OooohShiny Wed 17-Jul-13 15:48:50

I think Tree Fu Tom is way more annoying...and he's a bit cocky too

JakeBullet Wed 17-Jul-13 15:51:26

As long as we can chuck Daddy Pig in first....bloody annoying he is.

jeanmiguelfangio Wed 17-Jul-13 15:54:52

I read my DD a book with Ra Ra in, he kept shouting when they were all trying to nap- not one of them told him to shut up and bugger off. Stupid stupid lion, nor did he get the hint when they told him to go look for something else

Pobblewhohasnotoes Wed 17-Jul-13 15:55:18

No no no, mike the knight. He's a twat.

Bunraku Wed 17-Jul-13 15:57:31

I've just had to watch that because my dad loves it. I hate it and long for the day when he is bored of it. And yet it is still not as bad as grandpa in my pocket sad

Bunraku Wed 17-Jul-13 15:58:06

Dad????? Ds surely. The day when I catch my dad watching bloody ra ra..

ThePerfectFather Wed 17-Jul-13 15:59:29

I hate Mike the Knight. In fact most of the kids on the kids shows are terrible examples.

Peppa Pig - bratty, especially compared to the other kids who are indulgent towards her and charming by comparison

Mike the knight - only does things for a "favour" and that dragon is annoying as hell

Ra Ra - covered already

Trying to think of one I actually like....Makka Pakka is a good sort.

rundontwalk Wed 17-Jul-13 16:04:29

My husband haaaaates RaRa with a quite comical passion. Can't wait to show him this smile

I did read that it was developed by speech & Lang therapists,hence all the repetition. Although I've also wondered about the 'rara' instead of lion & crocky wocky.

That said,my ds has quite severe language delays and he loves it. And so do I (runs & hides)! smile

Bunraku Wed 17-Jul-13 16:16:02

Ugh what's that other program with Bernard cribbins? I think rather mean to the dog at times!

"Right salty. In yer bed. And DON'T disturb me. "

FridaKarlov Wed 17-Jul-13 16:21:24

I want Arya from Game of Thrones to destroy Mike the Knight. Baby Jake is HORRID. And I despise Tree Fu Tom.

Agree with the poster who mentioned Makka Pakka. He's a nice wee chap.

Katiepoes Wed 17-Jul-13 16:38:39

I would like Josie Jump to feck right off, Angelina Ballerina and Dora can go too...and Granny Murray...o dear lord someone push her under a bus.

And that Nurse that sings about catching and throwing - what is her problem?

I like Sarah and Duck. That Sarah will go far.

LeonardoAcropolis Wed 17-Jul-13 16:41:02

I have special hatred for Stuffington from Show Me Show Me. And that twee twat Miss Mouse. Her song is the worst thing on television.

curryeater Wed 17-Jul-13 16:43:00

Sarah and Duck is great, and is only improved by the realisation that it voiced by Mannion from The Thick Of It, so as he repeats, "Sarah and Duck. Sarah and Duck" you can imagine him in a foetal position under his desk after yet another Tucker-engineered PR disaster, rocking, repeating his soothing phrase and going to his "comfort place in his mind" where Sarah and Duck live.

Whocansay Wed 17-Jul-13 17:02:01

I would happily see the cast of Grandpa in my Pocket shot into the centre of the Sun. Does Grandpa do amazing deeds with his magical powers? No, he goes round meddling in other people's business and manipulates them into doing what he thinks they should do. And frankly, the less said about the annoying stage-school grandson, the better!

I feel better for that smile

Ezza1 Wed 17-Jul-13 18:01:30

Mike the Knight is a complete knobber. Baby bloody Jake is just creepy. And yy to sodding Raa Raa and chums.

Wooly and fucking brattish Tig make my blood boil angry

Peter Rabbit is slowly grating too. He appears to be a know it all little shite - and the thieving that goes on shock

Whothefuckfarted Wed 17-Jul-13 18:05:00

Mike the knight is a wee shite.

I like Big and small smile

LackingEnergy Wed 17-Jul-13 18:14:24

See now that is why I use DVDs and well I secretly love super ted and other old kids programs smile

and I can't stand ra ra

MistyGee Wed 17-Jul-13 18:32:11

Mike the Knight is a meddling little twat! Goes around messing up everything then wants a medal for 'being a knight and doing it right'? How about doing it right in the first place and not being a self entitled little brat!?
Ahhhhhh that felt good smile

congresstart Wed 17-Jul-13 18:36:13

To be fair, Wooly is alright it's Tig that is the problem in that friendship. She is a terrible bloody brat though.

MistyGee Wed 17-Jul-13 18:36:51

Also, yy to RaRa. ..and Charlie Bear I have to leave the room for! Big and Small is great though!

Icelollycraving Wed 17-Jul-13 18:56:45

Tig is an average kid,it's her dad who pisses me off. Bloody annoying,when she lost her gloves & hat,he did a really irritating whiny mealy mouthed comment about how sad he was that she had lost them. Twat. The spider is too full of annoying helpful advice,swish it down the plug hole is my hopeful advice.
That nanny is bloody creepy,no way would I leave my ironing with her let alone my kid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now